Diablo 3 puts you in the role of the Nephalem, and their crusade against the demonic forces of evil during the End of Days. While the many demons you will face will come in different shapes and forms, some of them are significantly stronger, requiring a harder effort from you so you destroy them in major boss fights. Today we will talk about the third boss fight in Act 3, Cydaea, Maiden of Lust.
Who is Cydaea in Diablo 3?
Cydaea is a consort of Azmodan, the Lord of Sin, and one of his "Sin Lieutenants". After Azmodan started the siege on Bastion's Keep, Cydaea remains behind until Azmodan calls her for help to defend the Sin Hearts that powered the demonic hordes, from within Arreat Crater. As the Nephalem progress towards the Heart of Sin, Azmodan grows weary.
Cydaea Location In Diablo 3
Cydaea is the third boss in Act III of Diablo III, in the quest "Heart of Sin". After you defeat the Siegebreaker and head to the Heart of Sin area, Cydaea will show up and taunt you, only to later appear as a boss in the Tower of the Cursed. Her fight will be short, and after defeating her, you will continue to face Azmodan.
Read More: How to Get Kanai’s Cube In Diablo 3
Diablo 3 Cydaea - Combat Tips & Weakness
Once the fight starts, Cydaea will use the following moves in battle:
- Poison Spit: Missile ranged attack that inflicts Poison damage.
- Impaling Limb: Melee attack that inflicts Physical damage.
- Silkweb: Cydaea retreats to the ceiling for 20 seconds. While she is up there, she can only use her Spiderling Pit ability.
- Spiderling Pit: Creates a pool of toxins on the ground which lasts for 15-30 seconds. From this pool, Spiderlings will come out and attack you, and the toxin itself inflicts low Poison damage.
- Net Toss: Cydaea covers a 10-yard area with a web, slowing your movement by 60%, for 15 seconds.
- Power from Pain: As she loses HP, Cydaea recharges all of her cooldowns at an increasing rate.
Since this fight serves as a prologue of the final boss battle, you won't face any real hardship here. As long as you avoid her attacks and the slowing AoE as efficiently as possible, you should be done with her in no time at all.