Diablo 3 puts you in the role of the Nephalem, and their adventures during the End of Days, within a crusade against the demonic forces of evil. While these demons appear in many forms, some of them are especially strong, requiring a major effort for you to destroy them in major boss fights. Today we will talk about Belial, the final boss fight in Act 2.
Who is Belial in Diablo 3?
Once a lesser Evil and now one of the rulers of Hell, Belial is a powerful demon that rules half of Hell, the other one being his rival Azmodan. By the time that the End of Days arrives, Belial is impersonating Emperor Hakan II of Caldeum, causing all kinds of chaos in his name and making Caldeum's people suffer for it. When you uncover his true identity and confront him, Belial becomes nervous and unpredictable, which in turn causes his own fall.
Belial Location In Diablo 3
Belial can be fought in Caldeum during the quest "Lord of Lies", after the Nephalem and their allies obtain the Black Soulstone. When you discover Emperor Hakan's true identity, Belial panics causing a rain of meteors over the innocent people of Caldeum and plaguing its streets with reptile demons. Once you take the innocents to safety, you can go to the palace and confront this demon, in a fight that will span through 3 phases.
Read More: How to Get Kanai’s Cube In Diablo 3
Diablo 3 Belial - Combat Tips & Weakness
In Phase 1, Belial won't fight at all, instead, he will summon pawns to fight for him. Pretty straightforward, just kill them all until they're done.
After a while, Belial will jump into the arena, finally willing to fight. Once the fight starts, Belial will use the following moves in battle:
- Fly Swarms: Belial launches three swarms of bugs that deal average damage.
- Melee Attack: Just a basic melee attack, deals pretty insignificant damage.
- Reinforcements: Belial will call more pawns to aid him in battle, and they will attack you.
Just keep moving, attack Belial, and dispatch the summons as quickly as possible so the battle doesn't become annoying, and the next phase will start when Belial's HP reaches 25%.
Belial will replenish his HP bar and will become a giant, foul demon. In this phase his attacks will be the following:
- Fist Slam: Belial uses this AoE attack that's preceded by a green ring showing up on the ground before it strikes, giving a few seconds to predict and avoid the area of impact. He can slam once or three times in a row, and he will drop an HP globe after that 3-strike combo.
- Meteor Strike: After 50 seconds, Belial will put both limbs in the arena, after wich several small green rings will randomly spawn, exploding after two seconds. These rings deal high Lightning damage, so you will need to evade as fast as you can if you don't want to die.
- Breath: Belial will breathe a lightning beam with great reach, inflicting pretty good damage. You still can avoid it by standing close to either the far left or far right sides of the arena.
In this phase, Belial can't be impaired or affected in any way other than damaging him, so you must keep moving to avoid being killed, and never stop attacking him. He will drop an HP globe every 10% HP he loses, which can be extremely useful if you feel too overwhelmed in the fight or your gear isn't as updated as it should. Just keep attacking and taking advantage of that, and you should be fine.