Destiny 2's latest expansion, Beyond Light, has made controversial changes to the loot shooter.
While many players have noted a lack of loot, Bungie has also drawn criticism from the community for essentially breaking the game's PvP modes with the new Stasis abilities.
The game's latest hotfix, 22.214.171.124, nerfs the new abilities in PvP, while Bungie has promised more loot is coming.
The patch also re-enables Witherhoard, a weapon that had been disabled due to a bug.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the Coriolis Force Fusion Rifle was getting more ammo than intended from ammo bricks.
- Fixed an issue where the Witherhoard damage debuff wasn't being removed properly.
- Witherhoard has now been re-enabled.
- Fixed exploits with the Warlock Shadebinder Super.
- Stasis breakout damage reduced (110->90hp).
- Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using Resilience.
- Increased the damage reduction effect Resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable.
- Caps out at 90 Resilience.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).
- Winter’s Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (was 30s now 24s).
- Winter’s Wrath light attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (was 5% per burst, now 4.5% per burst).
- Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%.
- Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Winter’s Wrath heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Pinnacle rewards were not dropping at the correct Power.
- Fixed an issue where several repeatable bounties were providing more XP than intended.
- Fixed an issue on Exodus Crash where the Spider Tank wasn't spawning.
- Exodus Crash has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ARUGULA errors.
- Fixed an issue where Fragment pursuits were purchasable with a full inventory.
Bungie Discusses Weapon Sunsetting and Lack of Loot
"Infusion caps are intended to help keep Destiny 2 evolving and ensure that [with] every release the new rewards are exciting and relevant to the meta," Bungie explained in a new post.
"However, we agree with your feedback that there’s currently not enough variety in the world loot weapons available to players this season."
"To that end we are adding back in a selection of weapons that will help alleviate this issue. We will also be watching to see how the landscape changes with the addition of weapons from Season 12 and this week’s Raid launch."
"We also agree that getting near-cap weapons from random world drops is frustrating. Thus, we are removing those from the pool, and are weighting drops more heavily towards newer weapons."
Bungie has committed to the following changes in a hotfix due on November 24:
- Remove all legendary weapons that hit their infusion cap at the end of this season
- Add all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season 10
- Add all of the Season 11 seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons
- Weight drop chances so the newer an item is, the more likely it is to drop.