The Nemesis is the newest Killer to be added to Dead by Daylight, introduced alongside Survivors Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine. The Killer also came with a new Realm called Racoon City, as well as the Racoon City Police Department map. A map that’ll be very familiar to fans of the Resident Evil 2 Remake. The Nemesis is a lot like The Executioner in that he has a special, ranged attack as well as a Basic Attack.
With his abilities and power a mix between The Plague and The Executioner, you might be wondering just how best to use him. Thankfully, this guide will help you understand his power, perks, add-ons, as well as some tips and tricks that’ll send your prey running for the hills.
We've also got the best Leatherface build for another killer based on a popular horror franchise. That's alongside an overall Dead By Daylight killers tier list, as well as some free codes for you to redeem.
Dead By Daylight The Nemesis killer perks
The Nemesis has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
- Lethal Pursuer - At the start of a Trial, all of the Survivors Aura’s are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
- Hysteria - When you put a Healthy Survivor into the Injured state, other Injured Survivors suffer from the Oblivious status effect for 20/25/30 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
- Eruption - After kicking a Generator, it is highlighted by a yellow Aura. When a Survivor is put into the Dying state, any Generators affected by this perk will explode and gain a 6% reduction in progress. The aura will then disappear. However, if any Survivors are repairing the Generator it explodes, they’ll scream and gain the Incapacitated status effect for 12/14/16 seconds.
What are the best builds and perks for The Nemesis?
We would go with the following perks for the best possible build for The Nemesis:
BBQ & Chili (The Cannibal Perk)
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook. Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stack-able 25 % bonus to all Bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of several percent.
Thanatophobia (The Nurse Perk)
- Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality.
- Each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor incurs a stack-able percentage penalty to all Survivors' Repairing, Sabotaging, and Cleansing Action speeds, up to a maximum of several percent.
Hex Ruin (The Hag Perk)
- A Hex that affects all Survivor's Generator Repair progress. All Generators automatically regress at percentage of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
Pop Goes the Weasel (The Clown Perk)
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength. After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next several seconds:
- The next Generator you damage instantly loses 25 % Progression.
- Regular Generator Regression applies afterwards and Pop Goes the Weasel deactivates.
Dead By Daylight The Nemesis killer power
The Nemesis’ power is called The T-Virus.
The T-Virus grants The Nemesis two unique abilities: Tentacle Strike and Zombies. He also gains a Michael Myers like Tiers, with 3 overall Tiers that greatly increases his power when he goes from Tier 1 to Tier 2 and finally, Tier 3.
With the Tentacle Strike, The Nemesis whips out a tentacle from his hand that he can use to slash forward and hit a Survivor with. If hit, the Survivor is covered with blue liquid, starts to cough and is briefly Hindered. This state means that the Survivor has been Contaminated and must use a Vaccine Chest in order to get a vaccine and heal themselves. If you strike a Survivor who is already Contaminated, they’ll become Injured, but will still suffer from the Hindered status effect.
Hitting Survivors and Zombies with your Tentacle Strike will also increase your Mutation Rate, and as such, will help you gain the power to get to Tier 2 and Tier 3. Different Tiers will also affect what your Tentacle Strike can do, At Tier 1, it does nothing. Tier 2 lets them break Breakable Walls and Pallets. Tier 3 increases the striking range of the Tentacle Strike.
The T-Virus also introduces Zombies, which spawn into the Trial after 12 seconds. Zombies can block off Pallets, Loops, Vaults, Windows, Chests and even Generators if they catch sight of a Survivor. If Survivors are near Zombies and they aren’t Contaminated, the Zombie will attack and Contiminate them. If the Survivor is already Contaminated, however, they’ll attack and either Injure or put them into the Dying state.
Dead By Daylight The Nemesis best add-ons
The Nemesis is still a very new Killer and his add-ons could change over time, but as of now, his best add-on’s are ones that affect the Mutation Rate you gain when you hit Survivors or Zombies with your T-Virus Tentacle Strike. This helps his power increase to Tier 3 at a faster rate, and make yourself a Killer to be feared.
- T-Virus Sample - This add-on considerably increases the Mutation Rate gained when you use your Tentacle Strike on a Zombie. While your base kit does give you some Mutation when you hit a Zombie with your tentacles, this add-on makes it a lot simpler to upgrade your power and get to Tier 3 much faster.
- Marvin’s Blood - This add-on moderately increases the Mutation Rate gained when you use your Tentacle Strike on a Survivor. This is the highest add-on that you can get for using your tentacles on a Survivor, and if you pair it alongside add-ons that help with Mutation Rate with zombies… It’s a killer combo.
- Broken Recovery Coin - When infected by The Nemesis there are only a limited amount of Vaccine Chests, unlike the Pools of Devotion you get when playing The Plague. This add-on takes away another Vaccine Chest, making it even harder for you and your team to get vaccinated.
- Serotonin Injector - After a zombie is destroyed, you become undetectable for 15 seconds. Because of this, you can destroy your own zombies and use them to your advantage and gain stealth.
Dead By Daylight The Nemesis tips and tricks
- The Nemesis slows down when he uses his Tentacle Strike and smart Survivors will be able to tell when you’re going to use it. With that in mind, be patient when it comes to striking Survivors as they’ll be trying their utmost to dodge the strike before you can let go.
- Hitting Survivors through Windows, across Pallets and through other Vault locations is one of the best ways to infect Survivors by hitting them with your Tentacle Strike.
- If you see a Zombie while chasing a Survivor, try your best to herd that Survivor towards the Zombie as best as you can. Zombies are slow (unless you buff them with an add-on) but they are absolutely lethal when it comes to getting in the way of Survivor’s loops. It forces them to leave and go out in the open.
- Get your Mutation power to Tier 2 as fast as possible. Once you get to Tier 2 you can successfully hit through the Pallet at a Survivor, and break said Pallet at the same time. It’s incredibly useful, and if you’re having a hard time trying to find Survivors, you can use your Tentacle Strike on your Zombies instead.
- Don’t use your Tentacle Strike all the time. While it is better to Contaminate Survivors, if they are right in front of you and are dodging your strikes with ease, just give them a Basic Attack instead. You’ll get your chance to Contaminate them sooner than later.
- The Nemesis is a Tall Killer, so don’t bother trying to mindgame Survivors at Pallets or other locations where there is no line of sight blockers. Just commit to the Chase and break as many Pallets as possible while you’re at it, too.
That's all you need to know about the best The Nemesis builds in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved. In the meantime, check out the killers we wish to see in Dead by Daylight soon, or some games like DBD for when you need a break.