The Legion are a band of feral, fierce Killers made that were first introduced to Dead by Daylight in December 2018 alongside their Survivor, Jeff Johansen. Considered one of the most annoying Killers in the game, The Legion consists of four characters - Frank, Julie, Joey, and Susie, but the player is only ever allowed to play as one. This is decided via picking certain cosmetics which will usually tell the Player which Legion member they’re controlling.
The Legion is a Killer that takes some time to master, so this guide will help in understanding their base kit, powers, perks, add-ons, as well as tips and tricks to make your matches as The Legion not so terrible.
For more, check out our Dead By Daylight killers tier list to see where each character ranks, as well as the best Demogorgon build available. That's on top of some Dead By Daylight codes you can redeem right now!
Dead By Daylight The Legion Perks
The Legion has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
- Discordance - Any generator within a range of 64/96/128 metres being repaired by 2 or more Survivors will light up with a yellow Aura. It will also trigger a Loud Noise notification.
- Iron Maiden - You open lockers 30/40/50% faster. Survivors who leave Lockers suffer the Exposed status effect for 30 seconds and their Aura is seen by the Killer for 4 seconds.
- Mad Grit - When you carry a Survivor, you suffer no cooldown on missed attacks. Successfully hitting another Survivor will pause the other Survivor’s wriggle bar 2/3/4 seconds.
What Is The Best Build & Perks For Legion
We would go with the following perks for the Best possible Legion Build:
Discordance (The Legion Perk)
- Any Generator within a range of several metres that is being repaired by 2 or more Survivors is marked by a yellow Aura.
- When the Generator is first highlighted, Discordance triggers a Loud Noise notification on the Generator.
- After the Generator is no longer within range or is being repaired by just 1 Survivor, the highlighted Aura will linger for another 4 seconds.
Sloppy Butcher (The Trapper Perk)
- Wounds inflicted by Basic Attacks cause Survivors to suffer from the Haemorrhage and Mangled Status Effects
Bitter Murmur (General Killer Perk)
- Each time a Generator is completed, the Auras of Survivors who are within 16 metres of the completed Generator will be revealed to you for 5 seconds.
Spies from the Shadows (General Killer Perk)
- Crows startled by Survivors within 20/28/36 metres alert you with a Loud Noise notification.
Dead By Daylight The Legion Powers
The Legion’s power is called Feral Frenzy.
Once Feral Frenzy is triggered you run at an increased Movement Speed of 5.2m/s and are able to Vault Pallets and Feral Slash at Survivors. When Survivors are hit with Feral Slash, they are Injured and will suffer the Deep Wound status effect that they’ll have to mend from. Other Survivors within The Legion’s Terror Radius after a successful Feral Slash will have their location revealed via Killer’s Instinct, even if entering a location like a Locker.
If The Legion misses a Survivor while using Feral Slash, or the Survivor already has the Deep Wound status effect, Feral Frenzy will end immediately and the Killer will be briefly stunned.
Best Add-Ons For The Legion In Dead By Daylight
The Legion’s best add-ons are ones that increase the time they are allowed to be in their Feral Frenzy, reduce the cooldown of Feral Frenzy, and the range they are able to detect Survivors. They also have a pretty nifty Iridescent add-on.
- Iridescent Button - Not only does The Legion’s Terror Radius affect the entire map, but any Pallets you Vault are immediately broken. This is such a punishing add-on that not only adds map pressure by destroying Pallets, but instantly lets The Legion know where players are regardless if they’re on the other side of the map or not. Terrifying! Or annoying!
- Cold Dirt - Considerably decreases the cooldown of Feral Frenzy, giving you more chance to use it effectively and not making missed hits feel like such a disastrous thing in the grand scheme of things.
- The Legion Pin - Hitting a Survivor highlighted by Feral Frenzy with this add-on applies the Broken status effect for 60 seconds. This is particularly effective if you’re trying to prevent the Survivors from healing one another - which you should be doing as The Legion - and put pressure on your prey.
- Susie’s Mix-Tape - An add-on that considerably increases the range of Killer Instinct once you’ve hit a Survivor with your Feral Slash. This is very useful on both small and big maps, and should probably be matched with an add-on that’ll increase the duration of your Feral Frenzy so you can get the full extent of The Legion’s abilities.
Dead By Daylight The Legion Tips and Tricks
- Run Nurse’s Calling on The Legion to see Survivor’s when they’re Mending because it counts as a Healing action. Some Survivors will do this right in front of you, but some will go and hide thinking you’ve gone to find and hit someone else. Surprise your prey by turning the tables on them.
- If Injured Survivors are running towards you when you’re trying to Feral Slash them to get more map information, wait a moment before slashing. They’ll most likely be trying to bait you with Dead Hard and make you miss, thus cancelling your power.
- It’s not necessarily bad to run Discordance on The Legion, but Survivors usually expect it when they see they’re playing against one. So try to use other perks like BBQ+Chilli, Surveillance or even Thrilling Tremors to get more of an idea of where Survivors are.
- Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia are lethal perks on The Legion. It slows down progression on generators to a near halt and it’s fairly easy to pull off considering The Legion’s power is quite literally there to injure people.
- Sometimes being stunned is a good thing. Run Spirit Fury and Enduring on The Legion and you’ll not only be knocked out of your power faster - helpful in the long run - but you’ll break Pallets and apply pressure too.
- Be patient. Missing a Feral Frenzy slash is one of the worst things you can do in an early game and Survivors know it. They might run into you, spin, etc, but wait for the opportune moment and strike!
That's all you need to know about the best The Legion builds in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved. In the meantime, check out the killers we wish to see in Dead by Daylight soon, or some games like DBD for when you need a break.