With both OpenSea and NFTs taking the world by storm, it's no wonder users are experiencing transaction errors.
OpenSea, the top NFT marketplace, has recently made headlines when the marketplace reported staggering numbers in terms of trading volume that surpassed nearly $5 billion in sales. However, it isn't without its problems, with one phishing scam leading some users seeking to disconnect MetaMask from OpenSea.
Due to its popularity, the overwhelming user response can sometimes render the marketplace paralyzed with OpenSea's website reporting an unusual transaction error. Let's see how this annoying error can be resolved in a few guided steps.
How To Fix OpenSea Transaction Error
First and foremost, you should check whether OpenSea is undergoing any usual server maintenance or downtime that might be triggering the error to pop up when a user tries to access the website. To do this, we'd recommend using the OpenSea Status website, or IsItDownRightNow.
However, if this is not the case, the user can try a few steps mentioned below:
- Use different desktop browsers and see if the error has been resolved.
- Refresh funds on OpenSea by accessing the dashboard Wallet icon. Here, click on the drop-down menu to access the "refresh my fund's option". This may happen when you have insufficient funds in your wallet. Make sure you have sufficient funds to make an NFT purchase to avoid this error popping up.
- Turn off your adblocker or VPN as it might be a trigger blocking users from accessing the website.
- Connect OpenSea Support, if the problem still persists.
Why Is OpenSea Transaction Taking So Long?
There might be plenty of reasons due to which your OpenSea transaction is stuck and is taking a bit of time to process.
One of the key reasons due to which OpenSea transactions are taking a quite a time to process might be the usual network congestion. OpenSea is the biggest NFT marketplace that facilitates cross NFT purchases and serves nearly 2 million users worldwide.
In order to find an estimate on when your transaction will be processed, OpenSea advises it's users to check their transaction details on Etherscan.
Apart from this, kindly refer to the list mentioned below to resolve your delay in the transaction issue:
- Clear the cache of OpenSea and MetaMask app.
- Use a different web browser for a change
- Increase your gas fee so that the miner can pick up your transaction.