If you're wanting to get into the metaverse, here's a guide on the NFTs available to buy.
The metaverse is a virtual world, just like our current physical world, driven by NFTs that fuel its virtual economy. Players by these NFTs for land and digitized utility items that their metaverse ecosystem may require to flourish.
NFTs integrated into Metaverse will act as proof of identification for many users who own distinctive items in the virtual world. These NFTs will provide them with a unique code registered on a blockchain network. This sets them as the sole owner of that item/property. Here's what you need to know.
Types of Metaverse NFTs
Here are just a few of the different NFTs available in the metaverse.
Real Estate/Land NFTs
Play-to-earn games have implemented the concept of Metaverse into their work model via land, or real estate.
This is among the most popular types of NFTs available in the metaverse. In December, one user paid $450,000 for land next to Snoop Dogg's house in the metaverse.
Fashion related NFTs
Fashion NFTs are the newest member of the growing metaverse ecosystem.
These NFTs are simply digitized accessories that can be worn by digital avatars of players to set themselves apart from the crowd.
While controversial among traditional gamers, play-to-earn games in the metaverse have driven forward NFT adoption. Whether in RPGs, card games, or even shooters, there are plenty of in-game NFTs available.
Weapon NFTs may help a player in gameplay, while accessories of skin NFTs may let them carve their distinctive identity in the metaverse.
How to buy Metaverse NFTs
Users can purchase the trending NFTs from a legitimate NFT marketplace such as OpenSea or Rarible. Users can also access these NFTs from their play-to-earn gaming marketplaces. To purchase NFTs, a user needs to follow these steps:
- Select the marketplace where you would like to purchase your metaverse NFTs.
- If purchasing NFTs with ETH, make sure you have an adequate ETH balance in your wallet. You can also buy Metaverse NFTs via metaverse tokens such as AXS, or SAND.
- Select the marketplace, browse through the metaverse collection of NFTs to select which is perfect for you.
- Connect your wallet to the marketplace. Certain NFTs require users to bid for it. Hence place your bid offer and wait for the confirmation
- Once the bid is successfull, you will receive a confirmation with the amount of money debited listed on the receipt generated online.