With Luna's recovery plan in place, users are yet again exploring ways to buy Luna and hold Terra Luna through the Luna MetaMask wallet.
So, here's a look at whether you can add the Terra Luna network to MetaMask.
How To Add Luna To MetaMask Wallet
The MetaMask wallet does not currently support the Terra Luna blockchain network.
As such, you cannot add pure Luna to MetaMask until it adds support for the Terra blockchain. Given a Luna fork is in the works to create a new chain, this might be quite some time off.
However, you can add Luna to MetaMask by using the Terra Bridge. Here, you can bridge from the Terra network to another blockchain.
To do this, you should:
- Go to the Terra Bridge and connect your wallet.
- Select the blockchain of your choice. For MetaMask wallets, this will be either BSC or Ethereum.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer, and the destination wallet. This should be the corresponding MetaMask wallet address you have on that network.
After confirming this transaction, you still won't see the Luna in your MetaMask wallet, however. You will need to add the Luna contract address. To do so, you should:
- Open the MetaMask wallet and select the wallet in question.
- Click on Import tokens and then tap on Custom Tokens.
- Copy the Luna Contract Address and the symbol.
- Press Add Custom Token.
And that's it! Of course, with the massive changes ongoing in the Terra ecosystem, this may change with the new chain release. We'd recommend keeping an eye on the Terra Bridge for any changes.
Secure Your Crypto Assets: Get Ledger's Nano X Crypto Wallet at Amazon Here