One of the tournaments was the Code Red GameFuel Showdown hosted by two-time video game world champion Dr Disrespect.
With $20,000 on the line and an incredible line-up of competitors, the teams dropped in for their shot at the cash. With plenty of familiar faces competing, the competition was going to be fierce as Warzone's best looked for their first victories on the brand-new map.
Find out which duo emerged victorious and everything you need to know about the tournament in this handy recap!
Code Red $20K Warzone Tournament: Final Placements
- 1st - Jukeyz & fifakillvizualz - $10,000
- 2nd - Aydan & Rated - $6000
- 3rd - MuTeX & Blazt - $4000
- 4th - Tommey & AlmxndTV
- 5th/6th - Bloo & Flxnked, iSmixie & Intechs - $0
- 7th-8th - HusKerrs & newbz, Swagg & GDBooya - $0
The tournament didn't exactly go to plan for the two-time. He and partner ZLaner lost in the very first round of the tournament while the likes of Tommey and Rated put in some incredible performances to advance into the latter rounds of the competition.
As the tournament progressed, Aydan and Rated came against Jukeyz and Fifakillvizualz in the final, but it was the European duo that managed to emerge victors in what was a thrilling tournament.
To rewatch all the action, BoomTV provided a dedicated hub of the action which can be found below.
For fans of the Doc, you can find a full rerun of his tournament from his point of view below too.
A total of 16 teams dropped into Verdansk '84 with the intention of placing in the money. The field featured the big names alongside former and current professional CoD players as well as some of the most popular Warzone content creators.
- Dr Disrespect & ZLaner
- MuTex & Blazt
- Emzy & angellat
- TeePee & UnRationaL
- Dashy & Rallied
- Bloo & Flxnked
- Clayster & Frozone
- iSmixie & Intechs
- Tommey & AlmxndTV
- BobbyPoffGaming & babydillster
- blakecissel & JorgeSummertime
- HusKerrs & newbz
- Rated & Aydan
- Swagg & GDbooya
- Crowder & Destroy
- Jukeyz & fifakillvizualz
The tournament utilised the kill race format that regularly features in Code Red tournaments alongside a double-elimination bracket.
- Upper bracket - Best of 3 series with the duo with the most kills winning.
- Lower bracket - Best of 1 series. Duo with the most kills moves on.
- Grand Final: Highest kills after 2 games wins. If the lower bracket team wins, the bracket is reset and another two games will be played to decide the winner.
A total of $20,000 was up for grabs, with the top three teams placing in the money.
- 1st - $10,000
- 2nd - $6,000
- 3rd - $4,000