Season 5 has come to a close, Loba will step back as the new kid on the block and make way for another badass female character
Here's what we know about the new season of Apex Legends Season 6.
You can read about the following topics by clicking the link:
New Update Patch Notes - 20th August
A new patch update has gone live in Apex Legends:
Addressed the following:
- Rampart Amped Wall client error in softened gore locales
- Fix a server error causing immediate disconnects when Rampart puts down a wall
- Fix an error caused in some instances where a player is on Rampart's turret when it is destroyed
- Issue around specific Bloodhound skin getting a stretched neck while using Rampart turret. We are still working on this issue for Lifeline's Guardian Angel skin
- Rampart's "Boom" finisher line from playing across the map
- Kill stat tracking for R-99 not displaying properly
Additionally, we are publishing a playlist update later today to do the following:
- Reduce Devotion damage [17 -> 16] , and increases recoil - these are quick changes we can make now, more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later.
- Reduce number of Devotions and Turbochargers spawned
- Reduced number of gold helms, gold backpacks and gold incap shields
- We are still looking at tweaks and changes coming in the next few weeks.
New Tropic Island Map - 18th August
It looks like Olympus is NOT the location of the next map - in fact datamines point towards a Tropic Island.
Here's what we know.
First Datamine - 18th August
The first datamine has take place for Apex Legends since the Season 6 update and has uncovered new audio for two legends and two weapons.
Read all about it here.
Update Is Now Live - 18th August
The update is now rolling out to consoles and PC!
The update is 10.32GB on PC (some players are receiving a 41.63GB update as the game needs space to decompress).
The new update is 41.3GB on Xbox One and 23.16GB on PS4.
Battle Pass Items - 17th August
Check out all of the items in the Battle Pass for Season 6 right here!
Mozambique Getting 4 Bullets? - 17th August
In the recent Battle Pass trailer, Mozambique can be spotted holstering 4 rounds in the chamber.
Does that mean we're getting a buff to the Mozambique in the patch notes?
Season 6 Battle Pass Trailer - 17th August
Patch Notes - 17th August
With the new update arriving tomorrow, we've got a lot of changes coming.
Check out our patch notes preview here.
Loba Buff - 17th August
Loba is getting a much overdue buff after her popularity has plummeted over the course of Season 5.
Check out the details here.
Rampart's Weaknesses Revealed - 17th August
While we're all excited to see how good Rampart is in the world of Apex, the devs have already knocked her down a peg or two.
Many believe the crafty modder is going to be overpowered and could disrupt the balance in the game.
Respawn Designer Daniel Klien, took to Reddit in an AMA to reveal Ramparts weakness, putting players minds at ease.
"Grenades are truly the bane of Rampart's existence," Klein said.
Read all about it right here.
Season 6 Release Times - 17th August
Here's when you can expect to get the Season 6 update in your region:
- 10pm PST (17th August)
- 12am CST (18th August)
- 1am EST (18th August)
- 5am GMT (18th August)
- 6am BST (18th August)
- 1pm ACT (18th August)
- 2pm JST (18th August)
- 3pm AET (18th August)
- 5pm NZST (18th August)
Rampart Abilities Trailer - 16th August
When Is Season 6 For Apex Legends?
The release date for Apex Legends Season 6 is August 18th.
The new season will release at 10pm PST (17th August), 1am EST (18th August) and 6am BST (18th August).
Typically, Apex seasons last around 3 months and Season 5 was released on May 12th.
Here's what we're expecting in the patch notes:
- New Rampart Legend
- New VOLT Weapon
- World Edge Map Changes
- Legend changes including Pathfinder, Bloodhound, Crypto, Revenant, Octane, Loba, Gibraltar, Bangalore, Wattson
- New Battle Pass
- Loot Changes, Fully Kitted Swaps, Updated Loot
- Weapon changes including Hemlok, Charge Rifle, Triple Take Buff, PK, Spitfire, Havoc, Mozambique, P2020, Sentinel, Prowler
- New Crafting System
- Holo Sprays
- Quality of Life and Bug Changes
- Armor Meta
New Legend Rampart
Rampart has been confirmed as the new legend to come to the Apex games.
Rampart is a private business owner who just needs a big gun and a backpack full of scrap metal to get by in the dangerous, wild west world of the Outlands
Ramya Parekh (Rampart for short) made a name for herself in the underground gauntlet circuit before opening her shop on Gaea.
She climbed to the top showcasing pure skill using her custom-modded gear. She began taking jobs from smugglers, Syndicate members, and everyone in between. Some say it ain’t great unless it’s got “Rampart” written on it.
A group of assailants ambushed her at her shop one night, resulting in it being burned down and she was left with nothing; except an Apex Card.
You can watch her story from the outlands video here.
Rampart's latest trailer has given us the opportunity to get a closer look at some of the special moves that players will be able to use with Rampart:
- Amped Cover - A deployable shield that players are able to shoot one way though, but not take damage in reverse
- Modded Loader - It is unknown/hard to decipher what this ability exactly is! When we know more details we will be sure to update
- Emplaced Minigun - As the name suggests this is a minigun that Rampart can deploy and use on enemies
Read all about rampart by clicking here.
READ MORE: Apex Legends Season 6 New Hero: Rampart
Maybe Blisk could make an appearance this season too? While it's unlikely we will receive two legends in one season, the prospect is exciting.
He's seen in the Apex Legends opening cinematic.
Rampart is actually brought to the games by Blisk as an endorsement.
One of his abilities means that on the execution of an enemy, it will reveal their teammates' location for 10 seconds.
New Weapon Volt SMG
The volt is a fan favourite, it's a submachine gun that was brought to Titanfall 2.
It was confirmed in the Boosted Gameplay trailer that it will be coming to Season 6.
It's a bit different from a normal SMG as it uses energy ammo rather than normal bullets.
Find out everything you need to know about the Volt here.
New Crafting System
"Don't like your gear? Collect materials around the map and build something better!"
This allows them to essentially build weapons on the fly, but also new items, too.
As you can see from the screenshot, there's a weapon, attachment, and healing and shield items up for grabs, each with a varying material cost.
Some even suggest that they are part of a daily or weekly rotation.
Presumably, players will be at risk of being attacked while using the replicator, so while there are three control panels on it, it might be worth someone keeping guard.
I dropped out of Apex Legends at around Season 2, but with the game coming to Steam and Switch, and offering cross-play in the coming months, I'm very tempted to jump back in.
You can find out everything you need to know about the Apex Legends crafting system here.
How Much Will the Season 6 Battle Pass Cost?
So far, every Battle Pass has cost 950 Apex Coins, so we assume that the Season 6 Battle Pass will cost the same, which would mean purchasing 1,000 coins from the store.
However, if you buy the Season 5 Battle Pass and don't spend any of the currency that you get when levelling, you'll most likely have enough to purchase the upcoming battle pass without spending any real money.
Battle Pass Rewards
The new Battle Pass will include over 100 new items including the Built for Speed Pathfinder, Road Warrior Bloodhound and Hypersonic reactive G7 skins.
Everyone that plays Apex Legends this season will earn Cascade Rampart, Five Apex Packs and Season 6 win trackers for all legends.
Road Warrior Bloodhound
Currently, it seems there won't be a new map in Season 6 but there will be map changes.
World's Edge will become World's Edge Fortified, take a look at what was shown in the Boosted Gameplay trailer.
Here are the confirmed changes:
- Launch Site - is getting an ample amount of changes this season
- Drill Site - one of the former locations last season has now been replaced in the form of an area called Countdown
- Staging - one of the smaller POIs that has been added this season and is located in one of the busiest areas of the map
- Rising Blast Walls - these new massive walls are also an addition around the map this season
- Survey Camp - A new path has been cut out east of the Survey Camp
- Train - the Train that has been circulating the Apex map for quite some time now has been stopped and its pieces lay all over the map.
You can read all about the new changes here.
Does it look like this is in preparation to build the rocket that could take us to Olympus, maybe in Season 7?
The 'Always Be Closing' event returned towards the end of season 5 and it's currently unknown what will take its place.
It's unclear whether another game mode will be released as the recent PVE mode was introduced we may have to wait a while.
In February of this year, PVPX of the Cloud9 team tweeted Respawn’s producer Josh Medina asking if Season 4 was going to “bless us with solos”.
Medina hinted that there could be something coming for solo players this year.
Apex fans have always been very vocal in what they want and usually Respawn is pretty responsive.
Many have voiced their expectations and wishes on Reddit for Season 6, here are some examples of the community wishlist:
- New Legend
- Voice Chat Issues Fixed
- New Map
- Heirloom Weapons For More Legends
On April 6th Design Director Jason McCord stated on twitter that the team was already at that time working on Season 5, 6, 7 and 8!
“We're always bringing in stuff from the Titanfall universe,” Apex game director Chad Grenier and general manager Dusty Welch said in an interview with Game Informer.
“We built an awesome world in Titanfall and want to make sure we're bringing that forward,” they explained.
“I will say this - there could be a pleasant surprise for Titanfall fans in Season 5.” We haven't seen any Titanfall content in Season 5 so far, Respawn may have pushed this back to Season 6.
And for a fun anecdote, we are literally testing content for Season 5, 6, 7 and 8 regularly. We have LOTS coming, and aren't going anywhere.— Jason McCord (@MonsterclipRSPN) April 6, 2020
Apex Legends has such a diverse group of users that they won't be able to please everyone but they can do their best!
As we've detailed before, we're expecting a new map to Olympus. Could Season 6 paint the way to a new location?