Starting today the 18th of May, and running until the 1st of June, Apex Legends players will be able to purchase bundles through the in-game store, with a portion of each sale going directly to the prize pool for the ALGS Championship that starts on May 22nd.
The original $1 million prize pool now has the chance to be increased up to $3 million, but will not go over.
Four different bundles are now on sale and a fifth one includes all of the four in one package.
$5 will be added to the prize pool for every sale of the Mechameleon, Boared to Death, Wild Speed, and Silverback bundles and $20 for the Animal Kingdom bundle.
Respawn Is Increasing The Prize Pool of The Upcoming ALGS Championship With The Help of The Fans
The bundles are:
- 1 Legendary Pathfinder Skin: Mechameleon
- 1 Epic Banner Frame: Change of Colour
- 1 Epic Gun Charm: Ancient Guardian
Boared to Death Bundle
- 1 Legendary Fuse Skin: Boared to Death
- 1 Epic Banner Frame: Wild Swine
- 1 Epic Gun Charm: Steely Swine
Wild Speed Bundle
- 1 Legendary Octane Skin: Wild Speed
- 1 Epic Banner Frame: Wild Spirit
- 1 Epic Gun Charm: Cyber Cheetah
- 1 Legendary Caustic Skin: Silverback
- 1 Epic Banner Frame: King of the Jungle
- 1 Epic Gun Charm: Hanging In There
Animal Kingdom Bundle
All of the Above
This is the first time Apex Legends has used crowdfunding as a way to boost the prize pool of a tournament, however, it is a good move to help support the competitive scene as players are always willing to help support the professional level.
Similar crowdfunding is found all over the industry, notably used by Valve to boost The International prize pool which helps it reach some of the highest numbers ever recorded in Esports.