With Apex Legends Season 4 close to release, we're due for some major new content as well - whether in the form of new maps, new weapons, or a whole new character to add to the roster.
Let's see how Forge will compare to the current Apex character list!
Jimmy "Forge" McCormick, or also known as the Augmented Brawler is still very unknown to us, although we are so close to the release date of season four.
Respawn has not officially confirmed any of his abilities thus far, but according to data miners, Forge has six abilities rather than the typical three with any other Apex Legends character. The six are:
- Pull Shot: Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch: Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two: Bull rush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- On The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is - dealing melee damage gives you temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
We do not know if all six will carry over to season four, but we can get a sense of what direction they are trying to mould Forge into!
Going off of the stock images we have of Forge thus far, along with the recently posted physical comparisons with other Apex characters; we can assume Forge will be one of the bulkier characters.
Based on the rumoured abilities listed for Forge, we can safely say that he will be best suited for up-close combat, so paired with other characters that will allow Forge to get up close is vital for success this upcoming season.
However, if you intend on running Forge as a solo, you may encounter problems during certain situations; all of Forge's abilities rely on getting relatively close to your opponent, meaning you are putting yourself at risk of being gunned down.
So, in the right team environment Forge could be one of the better characters in Apex Legends, depending on how much damage his abilities do. So, we will fully have to wait and see how useful these close-range abilities will be this season!