As you play through Animal Crossing: New Horizons Happy Home Paradise, you will unlock a lot of decorative features and skills that will enhance any room. Some of the skills you learn can be taken back to and applied on your own island. We're going to show you how to unlock partition walls and how to use them.
How To Unlock Partition Walls
You will unlock partition walls while you are decorating the home of your 8th client (9th if you include the school facility). While you are decorating the inside, Niko will reveal that he has been working on a new idea for partition walls, and then he will reveal that you can use it in that client's home. Once you return to the Paradise Planning office, Niko will give you a copy of his recipe for partition walls so that you can build them and use them on your own Island.
What Are Partition Walls?
Partition walls are standalone walls that you can use to divide a room into sections. They are useful for decorating homes for your clients in Happy Home Paradise as they can allow you to have separate design ideas in one space. Also, they're useful to have in your own island home as you can create new spaces within a larger room to avoid paying Tom Nook any extra Bells for expansion.
How To Use Them
Happy Home Paradise
When you are decorating a facility or the home of a client, follow these simple steps to place down partition walls:
- Press down on your directional pad to enter decoration mode.
- Press right on your directional pad to open the furniture item menu.
- At the top of the menu you should see a symbol of 3 little dots. Click on this and it should say "other".
- If you have unlocked it, the partition wall option will be right at the top of this.
- Click on the partition wall and place it down as you would with normal furniture.
Your New Horizons Island
To use partition walls in your home on your island is a little bit complicated, but it's worth it if you want to personalise your home even more. To use partition walls on your island, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have read the recipe for a partition wall from Niko.
- You can find your recipe in the recipes app on your Nook Phone. The recipe for a partition wall will be under the "other" section. You can find this section by scrolling along until you are on the symbol that looks like a paper bag.
- Collect the ingredients for the recipe: 3 Wood and 3 Clay.
- Find a workbench and craft as many partition walls as you want. If you are not in your home, then head home.
- Once you're at home and in the room you want to add the partition wall to, press down on your directional pad to enter decoration mode.
- Press X to open your pockets. The partition wall that you have made will look like a little pile of logs. Click on it to put it into the room.
- Move it about and place it as you would do with normal furniture. It will automatically match the wallpaper you have in that room.
Partition walls are one of the most useful skills that you will learn in Animal Crossing: New Horizons Happy Home Paradise. However, there are plenty of other skills for you to learn and we have some guides that can help you with that. We have one on how to unlock room expansion and another on how to use accent walls.