Animal Crossing New Horizons has had an incredible year so far, selling over 26 million units since its release in March.
In a commitment to keep the game updated and fresh, a new Winter Update is being released for the Switch title.
The lockdown saviour that is Animal Crossing has been implementing seasonal updates throughout 2020 with small events, content updates and other bonuses sporadically thrown into the mix.
This new update will usher in a new patch - version 1.6.0!
Here are the patch notes for the latest update.
Animal Crossing New Horizons: Update 1.6.0. Patch Notes
The patch notes have now been posted!
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your
- User Data” feature as well. Learn more about save data transfer here.
- The following content has also been added:Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Fixed issues
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Two New Holiday Events
First up, we have Turkey Day. Turkey Day is hosted by the top-class chef Franklin who will host a gathering in the plaza.
Players can help Franklin collect ingredients to go in the dishes that will be on display in the plaza.
Players helping Franklin cook will receive a gift from him.
Next up is Toy Day. Players might notice their island and plaza gradually becoming more festive with holiday-themed decorations over the coming weeks.
From 1st December to 25th December, it will be possible to purchase toys from Nook’s Cranny and find holiday-themed clothing at the Able Sisters shop.
When it’s officially Toy Day on 24th December, Jingle will pay a special visit to each island to spread holiday cheer.
By helping him deliver presents, players will receive a gift too.
New Reactions And Hairstyles
Nine new Reactions and six new hairstyle options can be acquired by redeeming Nook Miles at the Nook Stop terminal located in Resident Services.
These new reactions include:
- Sit Down
- Wave Goodbye
- Take A Picture
- Sniff Sniff
- Work Out
- Here You Go
Home Storage Limit Upgrade
Players who have previously expanded their home to the largest size and have paid off their debt will be able to apply for a further home storage expansion by speaking to Tom Nook at the Resident Services.
This will expand the home storage to 2400 slots.
Visiting Random Islands In Dreams
Players can now choose to visit random islands while dreaming, opening up new vistas of inspiration for island customisations.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Collaboration
To commemorate Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’s third anniversary, a Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Resident and Island Data Transfers
Two new features are arriving to offer expanded flexibility for resident and island data. The single-player transfer feature allows players to transfer resident data to another system. This includes the resident’s name, appearance and equipment, along with their inventory, home and storage.
A separate whole island transfer feature will enable players to move their user save data, along with the island itself and all the residents, to another system. This service will be facilitated by the free Island Transfer Tool app in Nintendo eShop.
New Seasonal Items
Starting 1st December at Nook Stop, new seasonal items will become available.
Between 26th and 31st December, there will also be several festive items to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
In addition to the content of the update, players can look forward to a countdown event on December 31st, starting at 7 p.m. local time, to ring in the new year with their residents as well as friends and family in the game.