The next Valorant patch goes live TODAY!
With a number of changes set to come to the gameplay, agents and weapons, there's a lot to take into consideration.
After patch 2.02, we've got the next update in our sites - Riot has already addressed some changes coming within the next patch, and players are looking forward to these changes.
Riot's popular tactical shooter, Valorant has been undergoing some massive changes since the brand new Episode released this month.
Here's what's coming in patch 2.03 for Valorant.
The update will be available to download later today, February 17.
● Maximum Devour(Q) and D ismiss(E) charges reduced 4 >>> 2 ● Cost of Devour and Dismiss charges increased 100 >>> 200 ● Slain enemies that Reyna has damaged in the last 3 seconds now drop Soul Orbs, even if Reyna does not land the killing shot
● Gatecrash now displays the range at which the tether can be seen by enemies while moving on the minimap ● The range that enemies are able to hear the audio of a Gatecrash teleport is now displayed on the minimap
Dimensional Drift (X)
● While in Dimensional Drift, Yoru’s minimap is now visible ● Enemies within Yoru’s vision range, while in Dimensional Drift, are now revealed to ally minimaps, as well ● Dimensional Drift can no longer body block enemies
● The audio of the Incendiary’s lingering fire zone will be easier to hear when other actions and sounds occur nearby.
Hot Hands (E)
● The audio of the Hot Hands lingering fire zone will be easier to hear when other actions and sounds occur nearby.
● Movement speed when zoomed is now at 90% of unzoomed movement speed (previously, zoomed movement speed was 76% of unzoomed)● Price decrease 1100 >>> 1000 ● Zoom magnification increased 2.5x >>> 3.5x
STINGER (full auto fire)
● Price increased from 1000 >>> 1100 ● Full auto fire rate reduced from 18 >>> 16 ● Full auto fire now reaches max spread at bullet 4, instead of bullet 6 ● Adjusted pitch (vertical) recoil curve for full auto, recoil climbs more aggressively past the 3rd bullet
STINGER (burst fire)
● Adjusted pitch (vertical) recoil to be more aggressive after the first burst ● Added more error on bursts after the first one ● Improved recovery time on burst mode from .45 >>> .4
● Price Increased from 400 >>> 500
Escalation goes live!
● AFK-ing in Competitive games for a prolonged period (currently defined as 6 or more rounds) will now result in a penalty of 8 rank rating points ● Act Rank Badges will now be based on your highest rank win, instead of your ninth-best win
QUALITY OF LIFE
● All sprays will now be destroyed on round start.
DEATH SEQUENCE IMPROVEMENTS AND UPDATES
○ Fade to black start time decreased 1.75 seconds after death >>> 1.5 seconds after death ○ Time spent on a full black screen increased ~0 seconds >>> 0.25 seconds. ○ The total time of the death sequence has not changed, it remains at 2.75 seconds
● Camera movement smoothed significantly, especially for those under poor network conditions
○ Prior to patch 2.03, any of you (but especially those with high ping or packet loss) could experience camera jitter during the death sequence. ○ Based on our investigations of this issue, you can rest assured this camera jitter did not impact combat performance—anyone experiencing this issue was already dead during the unsmooth movement. ○ Now everyone, regardless of network conditions, will have smooth camera movement during the death sequence.
● 16 assorted bugs were fixed in this patch