Valorant Episode 4 Act 1 is off to a wonderful start. The new skin lines and the new agent have kept the community absolutely engaged with the brand new season.
And keeping up with the pace of their grand release, Riot Games have come out with the first patch of this act.
Dubbed as the Valorant 4.01 Update, this contains some minor bug fixes and weapon adjustments. Here's everything we know about the Valorant 4.01 Update.
Valorant 4.01 Update Patch Notes
We'll break the patch notes into smaller segments so everyone knows what's new and what's changed in Valorant.
Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- For example: Let’s say “Potato” is a bad word. The chat client may catch the word “Potato” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell "Potato" that it may not detect. It's up to the community to add these multiple iterations, thereby helping the client learn the different ways of spelling a problematic word. This move aims at keeping the chat clean for everyone.
- Price increased from 1550 to 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 to .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 to .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% to 25%
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range.
- Targets closer to the center of knife attacks will get hit first.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls.
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
And that is all that we have for the Valorant 4.01 Patch. Good luck with the battles, Agent!
Read more: Chamber Agent Guide