The Valorant 4.09 patch will be the first patch of the game's latest act. Following the release of Fade as the latest agent joining the roster, many are wondering whether Riot Games will introduce any buffs and nerfs to counter their abilities.
Just like update 4.03, there's a high chance of small tweaks and bug fixes arriving into the game alongside any potential changes to agents.
As we wait for Riot to publish the full list of changes, here's everything we know about Valorant's next update.
Valorant Update 4.09 Release Date
Typically, updates for Valorant roll out every two weeks and considering update 4.08 launched on April 27 after a short delay, there's a high chance update 4.09 will arrive on May 10.
Valorant Update 4.09 Patch Notes
Riot Games has shared all of the changes made in update 4.09. Updates to Fade and Chamber aim to add some form of balance to the agent pool while a range of bug fixes will guarantee a smooth gameplay experience for everyone. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Nightfall (X) - You should now see a decreased amount of flickering textures on diagonal walls when casting Fade’s ultimate. Also added VFX for additional clarity and visual impact.
- Seize (Q) - VFX change to the orb for a more dynamic presentation in 1p and Agent select.
- Cost increased 150>>>200
- Charges reduced 2>>>1
- Audio range increased
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party.
Current party leader can right click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates made to the UI.
- Added Observer ability to toggle Scoreboard on/off.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s Tailwind would sometimes fail to cast when used immediately after curving a Cloudburst smoke.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s ultimate indicator would sometimes stay active after firing all kunai.
- Fixed an issue where an unintended ‘use’ input could happen after abilities such as Skye’s Trailblazer or Sova’s Owl Drone is activated while using the ‘use’ key.
When Does Valorant Episode 5 Start?
With the final act of Episode Four in full swing, attention is starting to turn towards the launch of Episode Five. The next episode will begin as soon as Act Three comes to an end and while Riot Games hasn't shared any details, Episode Five's release could release on June 22.
As always, there's a chance of a slight delay so be sure to check our dedicated Valorant page for all of the latest news, rumours, and information on each Episode.