UPDATE - Y6S1.1 Patch Notes now confirmed. Download available on PC.
Original Story - Ubisoft Montreal has announced a new update coming to Rainbow Six Siege later today.
Writing on Twitter, the games official account told fans that they would be pushing Patch Y6S1.1. For the time being the update is only planned to release on PC, with console players having to wait a little longer. Although it's promising it is "coming soon™".
Ubisoft plans to launch the update at 9am ET, which is 1pm UTC.
The size of the update hasn't been mentioned, but given this is the first after the games most recent new season launch, its likely to be a biggy.
According to the devs, the update will bring with it "a number of fixes you've been asking for".
Full patch notes haven't been shared just yet, but with the update set to arrive in a few hours, it won't be long until we know the full extent of the changes.
For the time being the developer has given fans a small tease of what to expect, which is listed just below. We'll be sure to update this page further as full patch notes are released.
Y6S1.1 PATCH NOTES
Y6S1.1 will be releasing on PC March 25 and on all other platforms next week.
Y6S1.1 PATCH SIZE
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- Ubisoft Connect:
- 1.56 GB if live build was installed with HD PACK
- 1.44 GB if live build was installed without HD PACK
- Steam: 1.1 GB
- Xbox One: 1.31 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.84 GB
- PS4: 1.57 GB
- PS5: 1.62 GB
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Streamer Mode preferences have been added to the Options menu.
- They allow streamers to hide the region and latency info on their screen from viewers and enable a hidden matchmaking delay to prevent queue sniping.
Charms Loadout Menu
- The charms in the operator album and player loadout menus will now be sort by rarity and alphabetical order. This is a temporary fix while waiting for those sections to be properly revamped.
- FIXED – Title enters infinite loading after cinematic of situation Cold Zero while in PlayGo.
- FIXED – Players can fast peek around corners by leaning and knifing the air.
- FIXED – Bailiff 410 handgun awards Battle Pass progress to the "Close Quarters" shotgun challenge instead of the "Handgun Eliminations" challenge.
- FIXED – Vertical recoil stops/drop down sometimes when a player tries to compensate it.
- FIXED – Player can avoid Match Cancellation Penalty if their entire team is self-eliminated and the player reconnects during the end of round.
- FIXED – Multiple misplaced assets, clipping, and collision issues on various maps.
- FIXED - Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Multiple texture issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Various lighting issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Various asset issues in Spectator mode.
- FIXED – Attacker drones spawn inside the AC unit box on the roof of EXT Pedestrian Customs.
- FIXED – Montagne hip fire cone is too small after the shield is unextended.
- FIXED – Flores' weapon clips through his Claymore if the player equips it after the detonation of the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – RCE-Ratero Charge that is anchored to a wall will change its position if caught by a Pest that is also anchored to the wall.
- FIXED – Mira can deploy the Black Mirror over part of an indestructible wall in 1F Workshop on Border map.
- FIXED – Maestro's Evil Eye camera is obstructed when the device is deployed on the floor.
- FIXED – Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge HUD can be seen during end of round and MVP if activated just before the round ends.
- FIXED – The RCE-Ratero Charge HUD will appear red if one of Flores' drones is destroyed at the same time that he deployed the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – Replay access is disabled after quitting a match replay.
- FIXED – The ticker overlaps with the loadout bar in the Caster HUD.
- FIXED – When the player enters Observation Tools and switches their stance, there are discrepancies in the first and third person views.
- FIXED – Missing the in-game notification that occurs when a player levels up a Ubisoft account.
- FIXED – Watch section does not refresh when player leaves a Squad.
- FIXED – Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Multiple VFX are pixelated with the latest NVIDIA Drivers 461.72.
- FIXED – Wrong description appears in the Premium Battle Pass purchase panel when the player has already reached Tier 98 or above.
Developer Comment -
The developer also added a few more details on the change to the games MMR cap:
"It's come to our attention that the change to MMR cap (from 1000 to 700) didn't appear in Patch Notes, so we wanted to explain our reasoning for it. We want your Ranked experience to be as balanced as possible, so that means occasionally tweaking the values to find a sweet spot."
"According to our data, this change reduces the skill gap between teams while having the least chance of limiting potential squads. We will continue to monitor this balance and adjust as necessary."
More To Follow.