One of the many neat features with the PS5 is the ability to Enter Rest Mode.
In rest mode, your console can still provide several low-powered functions without being fully 'on'
If you want to know How to Enter Rest Mode on PS5, follow the link. For now, we're going to show you how to select and change your rest mode features.
How To Change PS5 Rest Mode Settings?
If you want to tweak your rest mode settings, your in luck.
You can do this by following the steps below:
1 - Go to the PS5 Home Screen and select the Settings icon (a small cog) in the top right side.
2 - In settings, navigate to the 'System' menu.
3 - In 'System' select the 'Power Saving' menu item.
4 - From here you can 'Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode', 'Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off' and the one we're interested in 'Features Available in Rest Mode'
5 - In this menu you can now select which options you want to make available in rest mode. This includes everything mentioned below:
Supply Power to USB Ports- To charge your controllers, plug them into the USB ports. You can also select if you want to provide power for 3 hours, or continuously until disconnected.
Stay Connected To The Internet- Whilst in Rest mode, your PS5 can download games, apps and system software updates, as well as back up your saved data to cloud storage.
Enable Turning On PS5 From Network- Pretty straightforward, whilst in rest mode you can turn on your PS5 Remotely using the PlayStation App or Remote Play
Enable Turning On PS5 From Spotify- Again, fairly easy to grasp, you can turn on your PS5 remotely using the Spotify app on another device.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -