Pokemon Go has changed it's raid system in a big way.
This is the most impactful structural revamp since 2017.
Find out more in the article below.
Two Raid Tiers Removed
Two of the raid difficulties have been removed, these being tier two and four.
The bosses from these tiers have been added to the tier below, one and three.
This change comes just before the new Mega Evolution Pokemon raids.
Due to this all of the bosses that have changed tier will now be able to be completed solo.
Rewards for tier one and three raid completion have been increased to tier two and four rewards.
Tier 5 remains as is, while we expect the new Mega Evolution tier will replace two and four.
- Rewards for one-star raids and three-star raids are increased to what two-star and four-star raids awarded, respectively.We'll be releasing a more detailed update on these changes soon. Thank you!
— Niantic Support (@NianticHelp)
This new four-tier system means each tier will have its own raid egg colour:
- Pink - Can be completed solo
- Yellow - More of a challenge but can still be completed solo
- Legendary - Requires more people
- Mega - Definitely requires more people
We cant wait to see how the new raid system works and if this is a change for the better.