Based on community feedback, Niantic has announced a series of changes to Pokémon Go’s Mega Evolutions.
Changes to Pokémon Go’s Mega Evolutions
Some of these have already gone into effect as of Thursday, September 3; others are in the works for the near future.
Here’s what has already been changed:
- The Mega Energy requirement to Mega Evolve a Pokémon that has already Mega Evolved before has decreased
- The amount of Mega Energy that Trainers receive from winning Mega Raids has increased
The following changes are still in development:
- Walking with your buddy to earn Mega Energy
- More ways to earn Mega Energy through research tasks and other gameplay
- Earning bonus Candy when catching Pokémon that share a type with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
Mega Evolutions arrived in Pokémon Go late last month.
The game is free to play on Android and iOS devices.