What was originally planned for March, was postponed due to the COVID-19 epidemic and will now feature in April.
In this community day, a specific Pokemon's encounter rate skyrockets - this time Abra is the centre of attention.
As well as the featured Pokemon, you can also expect some great bonuses. Here's everything you need to know!
Be sure to watch our wide variety of Pokemon content here!
- Community Day will run for six hours.
- You’ll earn three times the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Incense will last for three hours.
When Is The Abra Community Day In Pokemon Go?
The new event date will take place on the 25th April 2020.
The event will take place from 11am-5pm in your local region.
Originally, it was planned for the 15th March.
What is Community Day?
For just a few hours each month, players can encounter a special featured Pokemon in the wild.
There's also a higher chance of finding a shiny version of the featured Pokemon.
During these hours, there’s a chance to learn a previously unavailable move for that Pokemon or its Evolution, as well as earn some Community Day bonuses.
Who Is The Featured Pokemon?
This month, the featured Pokemon will be the elusive, psychic Pokemon, Abra. Abra will spawn in the wild much more frequently than normal and you'll have your first opportunity to encounter a Shiny Abra.
With the higher spawn rates, players should be able to collect enough Abra Candy to evolve their psychic buddy into Kadabra and Alakazam.
Bonuses And Rewards
In addition to increased Abra spawns, Niantic is offering a special event-exclusive move.
If you evolve Kadabra into Alakazam within the two-hour window after the Community Day ends, it will learn the Fighting-type move Counter.
For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to unlock a Community Day exclusive Special Research story - Investigating Illusions!
Complete it for 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other rewards.
We're continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. Here are some things we’re temporarily changing for Community Day: Play at Home Edition:
- As mentioned above, Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three.
- The bonus will now be 3× Catch Stardust. This will be the perfect time to collect Stardust and power up your Pokémon for the GO Battle League!
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours for the duration of the event.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event.
- There’ll be a special one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins.
- Take a snapshot during Community Day for a surprise!