The event originated in 2019 to promote Bug-type Pokemon and allow trainers to fill out their Pokedex while earning their Bug catcher medal.
Here's what we know about this year's Bug Out event
Pokemon Go Bug Out Event
During this event, Bug-type Pokemon appear more frequently in the wild. Incense will also last twice as long and more Pokemon will appear when using Incense.
The following Pokemon included: Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Venonat, Scyther, Pinsir, Ledyba, Spinarak, Yanma, Pineco, Wurmple, Surskit, Anorith, Kricketot, Combee.
Shiny Scyther and Scizor were also released.
- Alolan Raichu
- Alolan Marowak
Dates & Times
The Bug Out event will run from Friday, June 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
Features And Bonuses
In a blog posted by the official Pokemon Go Team, they released all of the details coming to the Bug Out event soon!
Check them out below.
- Bug-type Pokémon—including Scyther, Venipede, and Dwebble—will be appearing more frequently in the wild, hatching from 5 km Eggs, appearing in event-exclusive Field Research tasks, and appearing in raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Dwebble!
- More Bug-type Pokémon will be attracted to Incense. Certain Bug-type Pokémon will be appearing more often than others depending on the day you use your Incense!
- From Friday, June 26, at 8:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 27, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Nincada will be attracted more often to Incense.
- From Sunday, June 28, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 29, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Wurmple will be attracted more often to Incense.
- From Tuesday, June 30, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 1, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Scyther will be attracted more often to Incense.
- 2× Catch XP