One of the lesser-known legendary Pokémon in the New Pokémon Snap, Diancie is a crystal critter who requires a special puzzle to discern their location. We’ll show you where to find Diancie’s location and how to get a four-star photo of it, in our guide below.
Diancie Location and Puzzle Solution in New Pokémon Snap
To find Diancie in the New Pokémon Snap, players won’t have too much trouble, as the method to find it is esoteric, but not complicated or difficult once you know it. The steps to find it are pretty basic compared to other legendary Pokémon in the game, and we’ve laid them out below:
- Once you’ve completed the campaign, head to Outaway Cave at Research Level 3.
- Partway through the level, there’ll be a chance to turn to the right in an alternate route. Take it.
- As you head down through the tunnel beyond, below you’ll see a Mawile and a pair of Carbink below you in a rough triangle, playing with each other.
- Hit all three Pokémon with Illumina Orbs as fast as possible, so they’re all lit up at once.
- Diancie will appear on the right of them, emerging from behind a large crystal.
How to Get a Four Star Photo of Diancie and Complete the Myth of the Cave Request
To get a four-star photo of Diancie, players will need to hit it with numerous Illumina orbs as fast as possible. Once you hit it with about four or five, it’ll start to shoot out numerous pink sparkles. That’s your opportunity to get a snapshot worth four stars and get the “Myth of the Cave” request from Rita completed.
Looking for more Pokémon Snap info? Find out how to get a rare Four-Star shot here, or check out how you can get the highest possible score for your photographs at our guide here!