Time to battle it out in raids.
Mega Blastoise is definitely one of the tougher Pokemon to go against.
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know to take this goliath down!
Mega Blastoise Raid Guide
You can find the best counters for the Mega Blastoise Raid below.
Sourced from Pokebattler, a site that uses all Pokemon moves to figure out the top 10 counters.
Shadow Pokemon and electric types will be your best counters.
- Shadow Raikou (Thunder Shock, Wild Charge)
- Shadow Magnezone (Spark, Wild Charge)
- Shadow Zapdos (Thunder Shock, Thunderbolt)
- Shadow Electivire (Thunder Shock, Wild Charge)
- Mega Venusaur (Vine Whip, Frenzy Plant)
- Zekrom (Charge Beam, Wild Charge)
- Shadow Mewtwo (Psycho Cut, Thunderbolt)
- Electivire (Thunder Shock, Wild Charge)
- Shadow Venusa (Vine Whip, Frenzy Plant)
- Magnezone (Spark, Wild Charge)
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Blastoise is a pretty overpowered Mega Pokemon.
Due to this, you need to be careful during your battle.
Three trainers can actually defeat Mega Blastoise but it's safer to go with five elite trainers.
If you can't manage the top counters then six will be your best bet.
Weather To Look Out For
Watch out for rainy weather conditions.
These conditions will boost Mega Blastoise's attacks.
Although if you choose to fight with an electric type Pokemon it shouldn't really matter.
This is because rainy weather will boost electric types too.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Pokémon GO page.