Pokemon GO's April Community Day features the delightful Unova grass-type Pokemon Snivy!
The snake type Pokemon, who evolves into Servine and Serperior, will be following up the March Community Day focused on Fletchling.
As we enter spring, it's only fitting that the grass-type Pokemon steals the spotlight!
As most Community Days go, players can buy tickets for special tasks, get a host of bonuses and rewards and potentially encounter a Shiny Snivy!
Here are the details for the Snivy Community Day in Pokemon GO.
Dates And Times
The July community event will take place Sunday, April 11th, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
The April Community Day tickets will cost $1, or roughly £0.79.
Features And Content
- Snivy will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Snivy.
- Evolve Servine (the evolved form of Snivy) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Serperior that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase April Community Day Box 50 Ultra Balls, four Star Pieces, four Mossy Lure Modules and one Elite Charged TM.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Community Day–exclusive Special Research story: The Great Gastly! Follow Professor Willow as he investigates some spooky happenings in his mobile lab
- 3 x Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Usually, Buddy Pokemon with a Buddy level of "Great Buddy" or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poke Balls, through the event.
- Usually, Eggs will require 1/4 Hatch Distance when placed in Incubators during the event period.
Shiny Snivy has a higher chance of appearing during the Community Day.
Unlike mainline Pokemon games, Pokemon GO doesn’t include Shiny chaining.
Battling multiple Pokemon of the same type won’t increase your chance of that Pokemon being Shiny.
Stock up on Lures and Incense, and start catching.
The only way to tell if a Pokemon is Shiny is catching it since they won’t appear as different colours until captured.
Once you catch one, evolve it into Servine (requires 25 Snivy candies) to get a shiny Servine.
You can also evolve it again into Serperior (requires 100 Snivy Candies) to get a shiny Serperior.