Pokemon is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable franchises in the entire world.
Pokemon GO has helped the franchise reach new heights in recent years, and its integration with mainstream titles such as Let's go Pikachu and Eevee has helped as well.
If you did not know already, you are able to connect your Nintendo Switch account to your Pokemon GO account.
This allows you to earn additional XP and even some mystery boxes.
Niantic has posted a blog post detailing these steps.
This can be found here for further reference, but below is a rundown of all the steps needed to connect the two accounts!
Trainers with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! can send Pokémon from Pokémon GO to their Nintendo Switch. Just like transferring Pokémon to Professor Willow, Trainers earn Candy for each Pokémon they send to their Nintendo Switch. These Pokémon will appear in the GO Park complex in Pokémon: Let’s Go.
As a bonus for sending Pokémon to the Switch, you’ll earn additional XP and you’ll unlock the special Mystery Box item the very first time you send a Pokémon. The Mystery Box allows you to catch the Mythical Pokémon Meltan.
PAIRING AND CONNECTING TO THE NINTENDO SWITCH
- Open the Pokémon GO app on your phone and open Pokémon: Let’s Go on your Nintendo Switch
- In the Map View, tap the Main Menu button.
- At the top right, tap the Settings button.
- Tap Nintendo Switch.
- Tap Connect to Nintendo Switch. Pokémon GO will now be in pairing mode.
- In Pokémon: Let's Go, follow the steps to pair the Switch to Pokémon GO by accessing the Settings menu.
Once the connection is complete, the white Nintendo Switch icon will appear under the Available Devices section. You can now send Pokémon to your Nintendo Switch.