In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, we were promised a faithful remake of the 2006 Nintendo DS Game. So, obviously we need a Pokétch. The Pokétch sits in the corner of our Switch screens with multiple apps, ready to be used whenever, much like when it sat on the bottom screen of Nintendo DS consoles.
In this guide, we explain how to get the Pokétch, how to unlock each app, and how to close it when you don't want it on your screen any more.
How To Get the Pokétch: All 3 Clown Locations
Once you enter Jubilife City in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you'll need to visit the Pokémon Trainer's School and acquire the Town Map by giving a parcel to your rival. Then, talk to the brown-haired man in the middle of the central road of Jubilife City; he is the Pokétch Company President and will ask you to speak to the three clowns around the city and collect their coupons.
The clowns can be found in the following areas, and the questions to their answers are as follows:
- Stood directly in front of Jubilife TV building - northeast of the city. The answer to their question is 'Yes'.
- Travel left of Jubilife TV building and this clown will be stood directly in front of the Pokétch Company building. The answer to their question is 'Yes'.
- Locate the Pokémart, and this clown will be hiding just to the right of its entrance. The answer to their question is 'Yes'.
Once you've successfully collected all three coupons from the clowns, you'll have to go and speak with the Pokétch Company President once more. Then, he will exchange the coupons for your very own Pokétch!
How To Unlock All Pokétch Apps
To use the Pokétch of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you simply need to tap 'R'. From here, you'll be able to access and use the following apps:
- Memo Pad: Talk to the Pokétch President at the company building in Jubilife City, left of the Jubilife TV Station.
- Pokémon Party Health
- Coin Flip: Use the Rock Climb Hidden Move at Valor Lakefront to access a house that is separated from others. The inhabitants will gift you this app.
- Egg Monitor: Acquired from the Pokémon Nursery in Solaceon Town.
- Friendship Checker: Obtained from a woman in Eterna City's Pokémon Centre.
- Berry Searcher: Acquired from the Berry Master on Route 208.
- Dowsing Machine: This is given to you once you reach Route 207.
- Obtained Pokémon: Acquired from a man with a hat in Solaceon Town, towards the southern exit.
- Counter: Given to you by the person at the second-floor counter of Veilstone City's Department Store.
- Marking Map: Unlocked after earning three gym badges.
- Calendar: Acquired by showing off some Pokémon to a man in Sunyshore City!
- Hidden Moves
The Hidden Moves app is new to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. The app means that players can now use their Hidden Moves — such as Smash, Rock Climb, and Surface — wherever and whenever without needing to have that particular Pokémon in their party.
How To Close the Pokétch
This has one has been troubling quite a lot of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl players, including ourselves at first. You can open your Pokétch whenever necessary, and once you press 'R' to display that you're done with it, the watch will minimise into the top right corner. To then actually close it, you'll need to hold 'R' for a few seconds rather than just tapping it.
That's everything you need to know about the Pokétch in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl! If you require any more tips for your adventure around the remastered Sinnoh Region, we recommend checking out our beginners tips and keeping the type chart of Pokémon and their weaknesses to hand. To check out something else to do, take a look at the Grand Underground and Amity Square.