Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl has been updated to version 1.2.0, and it’s the biggest update yet. That expands on the Union Room functions, Colosseum battles, and so much more, promising improvements to online play for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Between the recent Pokémon releases, both Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have more online features than Legends: Arceus, which is primarily a single-player title. Offering a more traditional Pokémon experience, it's unsurprising these remakes remain a focal point.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0 Patch Notes: Union Room Functions, New Colosseum Battle Features, and More
Without further ado, here are the patch notes for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0, courtesy of Nintendo:
Union Room functions have been expanded.
- The maximum number of players you can play with via local or internet communication in Union Rooms has been increased to eight. Also, by selecting Greeting or Capsule Decorations, you can show each other your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
Additional Colosseum battle feature has been added.
- Enter the Colosseum on the 2nd floor of a Pokémon Center to battle with other players using custom rulesets.
- In the Colosseum, you can set rules, such as the number of Pokémon to send into battle as well as their levels, and play Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles via local or internet communication.
Pokémon Trading and Battles
- Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.
- Fixed some issues for more pleasant gameplay.