Phasmophobia has just dropped another update to the hugely popular Steam Early Access horror game.
Kinetic Games latest patch (released Sunday, April 25th) hasn't made any big new additions but instead provides plenty of quality of life fixes.
You can see the full list of changes applied to the game further down, but the big headlines come in the form of several new hiding places to Grafton and Bleasdale. In addition, all ghosts except Revenants will now move increasingly faster over time if they see you during a hunt.
If you need some extra help playing the game, check out our extensive collection of guides to help you with your ghost hunting exploits.
Phasmophobia Guides - All Ghost Types And Evidence Explained | How To Use The Spirit Box And What Questions To Ask Ghosts? | How To Place The Camera And Record Ghosts | Ouija Board Questions And How To Use? | How to Phasmophobia Change Difficulty? | How To Use The Crucifix In Phasmophobia | Crucifix Not Working? Here's How To Fix It | How to use Smudge Sticks? | Phasmophobia Content Roadmap | Is Phasmophobia Coming To PS4? | Phasmophobia Tease Three New Maps
Phasmophobia Update: April 25 Patch Notes
- Added player volume controls to the main menu server screen which will carry over between games.
- Added several new hiding places to Grafton and Bleasdale.
- Asylum: Increased the size of player icons on the truck map.
- Prison and School: Optimisations to significantly improve load times and fps.
- You can no longer click any multiplayer related UI buttons (join, create etc.) on the main menu when you are still connecting to the server or a new region.
- Crucifixes will now cause a 5 second delay in between each hunt attempt after it gets used by the ghost.
- Removed the Garage and Basement keys as they currently have no purpose.
- Bleasdale: Some minor lighting changes to help with performance.
- The Non-VR area light will now light up the equipment in your hand which will allow you to see what you are holding in the dark.
- bHaptics: Removed the footstep haptic effect. More haptics will be added in the future.
- Tanglewood: The Garage room has been slightly changed to prevent some exploits.
- The ghost will no longer move at the start of the hunt in the starting phase. This is to prevent confusion as to when the hunt has actually started.
- All ghosts except Revenants will now move increasingly faster over time if they see you during a hunt. The speed will only drop if they can’t see you after they have checked your last known location.
- The ghost now has a chance to slightly open both closet doors at the same time during a hunt.
- The ghost now has a 50% chance to remember where it last saw you during the last hunt and will search that area in the next hunt.
- If you keep talking inside a locker or closet and the ghost knows you are in there it will now fully open both of the closet or locker doors on it’s second attempt even if you are grabbing them.
- Furniture will now block the line of sight between you and the ghost. This means that there are now a lot more places you can hide in all maps rather than just closets and lockers.
- Fixed a bug where an Oni wouldn’t throw objects faster than other ghosts including Poltergeists.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of hunts stat would reset if the host disconnected.
- Fixed a bug where you would hear your heartbeat when dead.
- Fixed an issue where you could hear the ghost footsteps from far away.
- School: Fixed some areas where the ghost could get stuck inside a wall.
- Fixed a bug where some rooms wouldn’t start cold on Professional.
- Fixed an issue where you could complete the emf objective during a hunt.
- Fixed a bug where the farm house outside foliage/ vegetation were being fully lit when any part of them were lit.
- Improved how the equipment, keys and bone get spawned in to help prevent disconnects and crashes at the start of the game.
- Potential fix for the selected contract sometimes changing on it’s own when on the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where the equipment wouldn’t spawn in if the host disconnected when loading.
- Fixed a bug where the Non-VR area light wasn’t lighting up some objects.
- LIV: Potential fix for a bug where the LIV spectator view could not see other players.
- Slightly increased the maximum speed the ghost can get to when chasing you during a hunt.
- When V-sync is turned off the fps will now be limited to 140.The amount of time the ghost stands still at the start of the hunt has been reduced from 8 to 5 seconds.
- Grafton: Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn’t enter or exit the Nursery room.