Hello Games has released a new update for No Man's Sky this evening (April 5) somewhat out of the blue.
This latest update brings the game up to version 3.34 and should be available to download on all platforms; including PS4, PS5, Xbox and PC.
The new update in question doesn't add anything to the game, after all, Hello Games only recently launched the new Expeditions update less than a week ago. However, it does bring with it plenty of bug fixes to correct any issues since the new expansion dropped.
Writing on their blog, Hello Games told fans: "We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved the top reported issues. These fixes are included in patch 3.34, which will be live on all platforms soon."
In addition to several notable bug fixes, it appears as though some previously released game fixes that were only available on PC are not coming to console players.
No Man’s Sky Update 3.34 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused Expedition data to be unnecessarily re-downloaded from the server.
- Fixed an issue that could cause repeated network duplication of NPCs, leading to decreased framerate (especially at Space Stations) and occasional crashes.
This patch also brings all previous fixes to consoles:
- Fixed an issue that caused portable refiners and other placed objects to vanish in high network activity areas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some interactions to become unresponsive in high-network traffic situations.
- Improved the audio effect when a mission patch is displayed on screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause weapon labels to scroll unnecessarily on the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the mode select text to appear to have a fuzzy outline when selected.
- Fixed a number of icon issues affecting missions supplied by NPCs found in planetary buildings.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Inventory Full warning on the Expedition Page to appear in ALL CAPS.
Reminder - Hello Games will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved with the game. But they need your help! If you experience any issues whilst playing, let the devs know by submitting a bug report using the link.