The year in gaming was an interesting one since the world is slowly opening again, though there are still a lot of people playing video games indoors and that’s probably why a ton of Nintendo’s games sold well on Amazon, making it the top publisher for the store this year.
You can attribute the success of Nintendo to either the Switch or the various games they published, but there’s no doubt that this was a great year for the company, especially since highly-anticipated games like Metroid Dread and Shin Megami Tensei V finally came out after years of hype.
Read More: Nintendo Switch OLED Stock Update UK: Where Can You Still Buy The Console?
Nintendo Dominated Amazon’s Best-Seller List in 2021
It’s hard to believe that in a year where Deathloop and Halo Infinite came out, Nintendo managed to outsell its more powerful rivals, but that’s what happens when a system is easier to find in stores when compared to next-gen systems, so here are the top 20 best-selling games of Amazon in 2021:
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Just Dance 2022 (Nintendo Switch)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Mario Party Superstars
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Metroid Dread
- Pokemon Shining Pearl
- Super Mario Odyssey
- New Pokemon Snap
- Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
- Just Dance 2021 (Nintendo Switch)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Super Mario Party
- Carnival Games (Nintendo Switch)
- Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- NBA 2K22 (PS4)
Congratulations to Nintendo for having a great 2021 and we can only assume that their 2022 is going to be even better with releases like Kirby and the Forgotten Land or Breath of the Wild 2, assuming that the latter meets its release date this time.