The worldwide release for the latest Ni No Kuni’s game is just days away, and Nermarble has been drip-feeding us a constant stream of juicy information about the game. Let’s take a look at the Ni No Kuni Cross Worlds mounts available.
The fantasy land of Ni No Kuni is sprawling; with magical familiars, whimsical locations and amazing visuals to portray it all perfectly. Level-5 worked closely with composer Joe Hisaishi, who you’ll recognise from Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle. Speaking of Studio Ghibli, their influence has remained strong across all the Ni No Kuni titles, thankfully. The world just keeps getting bigger too, as we’ve now been introduced to a handful of mounts that are available for use in Cross Worlds.
How To Unlock Mounts In Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds
To get yourself some transport, you'll need to fulfill a few quests. Once you have the Friendship Mode unlocked, visit the giant tree character, Great Uncle Autumn. He will unlock the mounts for you and tell you someone wants to help - it's Catarumpus, the giant cat-shaped mount. From then, you can collect more.
All Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds Mounts
It appears that there are way more mounts than we originally expected. There is a handful that are confirmed by name, but there are many more spotted by eagle-eyed fans in previews and others' videos.
The first batch of Mounts available to players after unlocking them is:
- You get Catarumpus through the quest 'Unexpected Company' that unlocks mounts.
- Birby comes with the 3 Days Of Happiness bundle in the store, but this costs real-life money.
- Wing Glider
- This costs 4,000 Honor Medals, and is bought from the Medal Exchange.
- Once you get to Kingdom Level 10, you can buy Rustbucket for 600 Gilders from the General Store.
- You'll need to buy the Area Achievement Bundle I from the store to get the Penny-Farthing.
- Yakk is available as a prize from Al-khemi's Lucky Pot. But, you need to be Level 30 or more.
- Like the Penny-Farthing, you need to buy the Area Achievement Bundle III to get the Swing mount.
There have been sightings of a hedgehog, a broomstick, a boat, a black and gold owl, a tiger and more - though these remain unnamed and unconfirmed in the Western release of the game.
What Are Mounts In Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds?
A grand journey awaits you in Ni No Kuni - that’s right, the mysterious other world is called that, not just the game. You control characters doing a beta test for the in-game game Soul Divers, which they think transports them to a virtual reality. Only, it's not a virtual reality at all, and is the land of Ni No Kuni. Your task is to prevent both your world and this strange land from falling into the hands of evil.
To do this, you’ll need some help getting around the place. That’s where the multitude of mounts comes in. We've been officially shown three trailers of three mounts: Birby, the Wing Glider, and Catarumpus. Check them out here: