The wait for Infinity Ward’s latest Call of Duty instalment is almost over.
The Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer beta arrives October 14th at 10am PDT / 5pm GMT for PlayStation 4, and thankfully, IW has provided us with more details on what players can expect.
Upon the launch of the beta, players will be able to test out three of the six different Combat Rigs that will be available at launch. Combat Rigs are a new addition, offering a hybrid of Advanced Warfare’s Exo suit and Black Ops 3’s specialist classes.
Each rig has a specific set of Payloads and Traits, in order to create a unique playstyle. Of course, Infinity Ward has advised that Payloads and Traits are unlocked through progression and some may not be available during the beta.
WARFIGHTER: Offers mid-range assault-style meant to get scorestreaks faster and a quick boost to the objective.
- Claw Powerful spread-shot weapon. Fires bullets that can ricochet around corners.
- Combat Focus Allows you to get double points for a limited time, getting you to that scorestreak even faster.
- Overdrive Gives you a speed boost.
- Ping Kills and assists send a ping that highlights nearby enemies.
- Persistence Scorestreak counts don’t reset after death, but cost more.
- Resupply Lethals and tacticals can be resupplied by scavenging supplies from downed foes.
MERC: Focuses on providing a heavy defense.
- Steel Dragon Heavy beam weapon that can target multiple enemies.
- Bull Charge Armored riot shield that destroys enemies as you charge.
- Reactive Armor Electromagnetically charged armor that shields you from enemy fire.
- Infusion When triggered, regenerates health quickly after taking damage.
- Man-At-Arms Heavy weapons won’t slow you down, and you start with maximum ammo.
- Shock Wave Slam yourself into the ground and enemies with this devastating jump.
SYNAPTIC: allows the player to be a droid designed for close quarter combat and speed.
- Equalizer Dual under-arm machine guns with built-in suppressors for close quarters combat.
- Rewind Rewinds your position and replenishes health and ammo.
- Reaper Switches you into four-legged, rapid melee combat mode.
- Combat Burst After each kill, gain a boost of movement speed.
- Propulsion Jump pack that recharges quickly and allows you to damage enemies underneath you with the blast from the jump pack.
- Rushdown Allows you to dash in any horizontal direction.
Mission Teams are another new addition to Call of Duty, offering a metagame to the multiplayer experience. Choosing one of four teams, a player can complete mission objectives to earn rewards such as calling cards, emblems, Rig cosmetics, and prototype weapons specific to your team.
The beta gives the choice between JTF Wolverines for aggressive combat or Orion Initiative who favor strategy and objective based missions.
Three maps will be available which are detailed by IW as:
- FRONTIER Circular, two-lane, fast-pacedFrontier is a small section of a giant space station that is in orbit around the planet Neptune. The action is funneled down a long, central corridor with side paths offering an element of strategy and a constricted lower lane for players craving chaos.
- FROST Linear, three-lane, medium-pacedA research facility set atop the icy surface of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Ample opportunities for vertical combat and rapid encounters around sleek modular elements highlight this frozen battleground.
- THROWBACK Bent, three-lane, medium-pacedThis throwback 1950’s ‘Main Street USA’ locale sits on a giant, rotating, torus-shaped space station. A large circular lane rings the perimeter, while a large center square with multiple avenues of approach and two opposing windows offers a wide range of engagement opportunities.
The modes for the maps will be familiar with fan favorites Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Kill Confirmed, but a new Defender mode will also be available.
Here’s the full schedule for the beta and when players can join on Xbox One:
The first week of the Infinite Warfare beta will be a PS4 exclusive, kicking things off on October 14th at 5pm GMT/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT and ending on October 17th at 5pm GMT/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT.
Week two of the beta will be available to both PS4 and Xbox One users starting on October 21st at 5pm GMT/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT and ending on October 24th at 5pm GMT/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare arrives on November 4th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.