Crystal Dynamics has delayed Marvel's Avengers' upcoming Kate Bishop character, as well as the game's next-gen optimised versions.
In a new blog post, the developers revealed that the decision to delay Kate Bishop (one of two versions of Hawkeye planned) was to allow for a "fixed, predictable patching cycle".
Marvel's Avengers Next-Gen, New Character Delayed
“Marvel’s Avengers’ launch was not without turbulence, and we recognize that a number of issues detracted from your enjoyment of the game,” the developer states. “This does not align with Crystal Dynamics’ value of craftsmanship, and for that, we sincerely apologize.”
"Over the past weeks, our team around the world has been heads down fixing bugs and tuning key gameplay systems guided in part by your feedback. Since launch, we’ve released rapid updates to address these bugs, improve game stability, and refine our matchmaking system. While our work is never done, these fixes and additions have made improvements to the overall player experience."
Avengers fans have been disappointed at the game's performance and lack of content, but with many hoping to jump into the game on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X, it's a shame we'll have to wait.
"We’ve also made the decision to shift our PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S launch to next year to ensure that we give our team the time to deliver a next-gen experience showcasing all that this game is meant to be", the blog explains.
"Until then, however, you’ll be able to continue playing the current-gen (PS4/Xbox One) Marvel’s Avengers game on next-gen platforms to take advantage of their powerful hardware, be it via inserting a physical disk or redownloading the game."
"Two of the most obvious benefits of this are improved frame rates and faster loading times. In addition, players who make the jump to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S will still be able to play co-op with their friends on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One respectively as well as carry their existing save-game forward to the next-generation of consoles!"
In better news, the team confirmed that players will earn in-game goodies as a thank you.
Included are the following, as per the blog:
- Credits: 1500 – Enough for a Legendary Skin and Nameplate from the Marketplace
- Units: 7000
- Upgrade Modules: 250
- DNA Keys: 20
- A Sarah Garza-Inspired Nameplate (Because seriously, you’re the best.)
The team also confirmed a commitment to reacting to fan feedback.
The following are in development, according to the blog:
- Avengers Initiative Ping System: A system that will allow players to mark objectives, resources, health crates, and enemies, allowing players to command AI companions to hack/smash doors or prioritize specific enemies.
- Reassemble Campaign Replay: An option to reset the Reassemble campaign and replay it with your Super Hero’s level and gear intact.
- High Contrast Mode: An accessibility feature that will allow the player to apply solid darken veils behind text to improve readability.
- Hero Icon Visibility: An option to adjust the display of identifying icons above a Super Hero's head to be on by default or dynamic.
- Mission Reward Clarity: Improved clarity around mission-specific rewards when viewed on the WAR TABLE. This will allow players to more strategically take on missions to meet their current goals and seek out specific gear and resources.
- Offscreen & Ranged Enemy Attack Indicators: Better feedback for players to avoid offscreen and ranged enemy attacks.
The team also confirmed that performance improvements, multiplayer and matchmaking changes, improved reward tuning and additional late-game content are scheduled.