League of Legends 12.6 is the next patch coming to the game and when compared to patch 12.5. This time, 12.6 goes further by changing the economy, part of Phase 1 for the Mythic Content Overhaul.
Alongside the usual buffs and nerfs to favourite Champions, LoL 12.6 also introducing a new currency replacing Gemstones and Prestige Points. Called Mythic Essence, that's joined by a new Mythic Shop which rotates rewards on a daily basis, bringing back previous Prestige Skins too.
This will be a huge patch and if you're looking to learn more, here’s everything we know about LoL 12.6:
League of Legends 12.6: Mythic Content Overhaul Phase 1
Phase 1 of the Mythic Content Overhaul introduces Mythic Essence (ME), replacing Gemstones and Prestige Points. LoL players can earn ME in the same places where they used to obtain Gemstones and Prestige Points.
All players will receive a one-time mission that gives them 10 ME on March 31 and expires by May 2. Players will see their remaining Gemstones converted into ME, while Prestige Points simply expire, so spend them now while you can.
League of Legends 12.6 Release Date
Riot Games drops the 12.6 patch on March 31, 2022. That'll be succeeded on April 13 by patch 12.7, which we're awaiting further details on.
League of Legends 12.6 Balance Changes
Here’s how LoL’s Champions have changed as part of the 12.6 update:
- Health growth increased
- Health Growth: From 92 to 105
- Health at Level 18: From 2116 to 2337
- R base damage increased
R - Noxian Guillotine
- Minimum True Damage - From 100/200/300 (+75% bonus AD) to 125/250/375 (+75% bonus AD).
- Q and E base damage decreased late
Q - Rampage Base Damage
- From 60/97/134/171/208 (+85% bonus AD) to 60/90/120/150/180 (+85% bonus AD)
E - Devastating Charge
- Minimum Total Damage - From 30/50/70/90/110 (+55% bonus AD) to 30/45/60/75/90 (+55% bonus AD)
- Maximum Total Damage - From 60/100/140/180/220 (+110% bonus AD) to 60/90/120/150/180 (+110%bonus AD)
- QoL change on R and several bugfixes.
R - Leap of Faith
- FACE ME: R - Leap of Faith now casts with Illaoi facing toward your cursor, allowing for more favorable Tentacle spawn locations
- When Illaoi attacks a Vessel while empowered by W - Harsh Lesson, nearby inactive Tentacles will now slam her target as soon as they become active (short delay removed)
- Spell queueing has been added to W - Harsh Lesson and R - Leap of Faith, so you can now buffer other spells while casting them
- W - Harsh Lesson’s visual indicators have been fixed and will show the correct range of her empowered basic attacks
- Tentacles can no longer spawn on either team’s base gates on Summoner’s Rift
- Vessels no longer contribute to Illaoi’;s creep score when they expire or are destroyed
- Q - Tentacle Smash and E - Test of Spirit will now be visible to nearby enemy champions when cast from Fog of War
- Base health increased. W base damage increased.
- Base Health: From 593 to 615
W - Empower
- Magic Damage: From 40/75/110/145/180 (+60% AP) to 50/85/120/155/190 (+60% AP)
- Human W cost decreased; E mana cost decreased late and cast range increased. Cougar W damage radius increased.
W - Bushwhack (Human Form)
- Mana Cost: From 40/45/50/55/60 to 30/35/40/45/50
E - Primal Surge (Human Form)
- Mana Cost: From 50/60/70/89/90 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Cast Range: From 600 to 900 (now matches W - Bushwhack)
W - Pounce (Cougar Form)
- AoE Damage Radius: From 225 to 250
- Passive adjustments to Ferocity, leaps, and Bonetooth Necklace; new Ferocity resource bar added. Q basic attacks now always crit; damage now scales with crit chance; now applies against towers; no longer applies against plants. E cast time during leap removed; now grants true sight and some vision around target. R now also grants some vision around target.
Passive - Unseen Predator
- HERE, KITTY KITTY: Rengar’s next leap will grant 1 Ferocity ||| only if he has 0 Ferocity upon losing all Ferocity stacks (no matter how much Ferocity he gains before his next leap)
- PURRFECT POUNCES: Rengar will be able to leap after 0.35 seconds in brush or camouflage (or E - Curse of the Black Mist camouflage) consistently, rather than based on a 0.3-0.45 second timer (Leap range has been slightly increased to offset variability)
- FEROCIOUS FELINE :: Rengar now has a Ferocity resource bar that indicates how much Ferocity he currently has (Stacks generated by leaps will have a different color so you’ll know if you’ll gain Ferocity on your next leap)
- All Ferocity Stacks Fall Off After: From 8 seconds to 10 seconds out of combat
- Bonetooth Necklace Takedown Timer: Within ||| From 1.5 seconds to 3 seconds of damaging an enemy champion
Q - Savagery
- [NEW] SAVAGE STRIKES: Rengar’s next basic attack after casting Q - Savagery will now always be a critical strike. Each 1% critical strike chance increases the attack’s damage by 0.66%.
- [UPD] SCRATCHING POSTS: Q - Savagery now also applies to basic attacks against towers
- [UPD] THAT WASN’T CATNIP: Q - Savagery no longer applies to basic attacks against plants
E - Bola Strike
- [UPD] NO CAST, ONLY THROW :: Rengar can now throw his E - Bola Strike instantly (with zero cast time) during leaps
- [NEW] PEEKABOO :: Now grants true sight and normal vision 150 units around the first enemy hit for 2 seconds
R - Thrill of the Hunt
- [UPD] PREDATORY INSTINCT :: Now grants not only true sight, but also normal vision 100 units around the nearest enemy
- E cooldown reduction per crit decreased. R cooldown increased.
E - Spinning Slash
- Cooldown Reduction per Critical Strike: From 1 second (2 seconds against champions) to 0.75 seconds (1.5 seconds against champions)
R - Undying Rage
- Cooldown: From 110/100/90 seconds to 130/110/90 seconds
League of Legends 12.6 Champion Skins
As usual, there are a good amount of Champion Skins that will be available as part of the new update. Here’s what’s been revealed thus far:
- Battle Bunny Prime Riven
- Battle Bunny Miss Fortune
- Battle Bat Vayne
- Battle Wolf Sylas
- Battle Cat Jinx,
- Prestige Battle Cat Jinx
There’s also a new section of Unvaulted Prestige Skins that has to be purchased with ME. The six skins below will be available for three months, while future Prestige Skins will only be available for one month.
- Prestige Arcanist Zoe (125 ME)
- Prestige Spirit Blossom Teemo (125 ME)
- Prestige Battle Queen Diana (125 ME)
- Prestige PROJECT: Irelia (150 ME)
- Prestige Pulsefire Thresh (150 ME)
- Prestige K/DA Kai’Sa (200 ME)
Riot has also announced Commemorative Prestige Skins for players who owned these in 2018 or 2019 before 12.5 came out. Commemorative Prestige skins will never be available via shops, loot, or rerolls. The following skins will be gradually distributed to original owners over the next month:
- Prestige Blood Moon Aatrox (2022)
- Prestige K/DA Ahri (2022)
- Prestige K/DA Akali (2022)
- Prestige Arcade Caitlyn (2022)
- Prestige K/DA Evelynn (2022)
- Prestige Fuzz Fizz (2022)
- Prestige K/DA Kai’Sa (2022)
- Prestige Nightbringer Lee Sin (2022)
- Prestige Battle Academia Lux (2022)
- Prestige Bewitching Miss Fortune (2022)
- Prestige Star Guardian Neeko (2022)
- Prestige Firecracker Vayne (2022)
- Prestige PROJECT: Irelia (2022)
- Prestige Valiant Sword Riven (2022)
- Prestige Pulsefire Thresh (2022)
- Prestige True Damage Qiyana (2022)