In this guide, we'll be teaching you how to get the Wind Waker tunic in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. In the game, you'll have the chance to get his classic Wind Waker outfit, which was seen across various franchises of the Zelda games. It has three items: the Cap of the Wind, Tunic of the Wind, and Trousers of the Wind.
Players often invest time to get this set due to its classic style and nostalgia that comes with this outfit. Link's Wind Waker tunic and outfit overall have been embedded into players and pop culture itself since the franchise's first game release. Do note though that it's a bit tricky to acquire this iconic outfit in the new game and it takes a few attempts.
How to get the Wind Waker tunic in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
First, you should know a bit of background on the Wind Waker outfit in this new game. As mentioned earlier it consists of three items: Cap of the Wind, Tunic of the Wind, and Trousers of the Wind.
There are two ways to get the Wind Waker tunic, or Tunic of the Wind, in the game.
How to get the Wind Waker tunic using Amiibo in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
For most players and fans of the game, they'll assume that you need to have an amiibo to unlock the entire set similar to the last game. You'll be needing the SSB Toon Link and Wind Waker Toon Link for this. Upon acquiring those, you'll be scanning the amiibo and you can get a 10 to 20 percent chance of unlocking one of the items of the Wind Waker set, which could be a tunic.
But would you really be spending more cash on an in-game item? Well, probably yes. However, to save resources, there's a way to get the tunic in-game. Here are some of the steps to get it upon stumbling some quest chains:
How to get the Wind Waker tunic through gameplay in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
- Drop down to the Hyrule Field Chasm. This will lead to the next Lightroot. Follow the statues along your way, sticking to the light areas.
- At the end of the path, you'll find yourself at a dead end. There will also be a fallen statue. Take note that if you're on the Master Kohga quest chain or looking for the Abandoned Hebra Mine, a Yiga Nina will attack you so be prepared for battle.
- Next, head southwest from the fallen statue. This will direct you to the Cuho Canyon Mine.
- In the mine, you'll be able to spot a chest.
- Open the chest and you'll receive the Tunic of the Wind. It has +3 armour value.
Do remember, though, that when going into Cuho Canyon Mine, be sure to bring a lot of Brightbloom Seeds that you can throw or attach to arrows to light your path.
There you have it, a complete guide on getting the Wind Waker Tunic in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom! For more guides like this, you can check out our other pieces such as how to dodge in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and how to get the Twilight Bow in the same game.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom page.