You should definitely learn how to beat Phantom Ganon in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, as you will encounter this mini-boss quite often. He has a few variations and you will need to memorise the attack patterns of each of them.
But don’t worry, today we will explain to you how to deal with each version of Phantom Ganon. This opponent is not that tough if you follow the right strategy!
How to beat Sword Phantom Ganon in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Phantom Ganon can be encountered in different places. In most cases, he will appear after you beat the Gloom Hands towards the end of the game. Sword Phantom Ganon is a challenging enemy, and here are some tips on how to defeat him:
- First of all, you will need to prepare to deal with Gloom. The Phantom consists of this element, and spreads it everywhere. So, use food that gives you Gloom Resistance.
- Sword Phantom Ganon has three different attacks. You will need to memorise each of these moves, and the best ways to dodge them. If you do it at the right moment, you will activate Flurry Rush. This mechanic allows you to deal significant damage to the boss by launching a powerful counter attack.
- If Sword Phantom Ganon is rushing towards you with his sword raised, then it means that he is about to perform a vertical attack, and you need to dodge left or right.
- If Sword Phantom Ganon moves his sword to the side, then he will try to attack you with a horizontal strike, and you will need to dodge backward.
- If Sword Phantom Ganon is about to perform a spin attack, then you just need to move away from him.
How to beat Spear Phantom Ganon in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Spear Phantom Ganon is probably the easiest one. He uses a polearm and only performs thrust attacks. So, you can follow two different strategies to defeat him.
The first strategy is similar to the one we told you about in the paragraph about Sword Phantom Ganon. You just need to move away from the boss and wait for his charge. If he tries to perform this move, dodge it and activate Flurry Rush.
The second strategy is to simply move around the boss and dodge his thrusts. Be careful, as he has a Gloom aura that can inflict a severe debuff on you.
How to beat Mace Phantom Ganon in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
The final version of Phantom Ganon is the one with the giant Mace. He performs three attacks, and each of them is difficult to dodge. Here’s the strategy to beat this opponent:
- If you see that the Phantom is about to jump, get ready to dodge his slam attack and activate your Flurry Rush.
- The other two attacks are a horizontal swing and a kick. We don’t recommend that you dodge them. Instead, simply block these attacks to avoid potential damage.
The Mace Phantom is the hardest one variant of Ganon, so you may need some practice before you can beat him.
These are all three variations of Phantom Ganon! We hope this will help you learn how to defeat them. Be careful and prepare the most powerful weapons!
If you are looking for more content, then be sure to check out our guide on how to throw items in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. If you are looking for more information about this game, make sure to check our guide on how to defeat Gloom Hands in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Also, we've got a guide on how to upgrade weapons in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom page.