Fighting game fans interested in trying out Tekken 8 have received good news as Bandai Namco announced a Tekken 8 Closed Network Test with plenty of features and characters.
Explained by legendary game producer Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken 8 will put emphasis on aggressive gameplay, featuring new systems to allow for more offensive styles to thrive. Leaving behind last-gen console generations (PS4 and Xbox One), Tekken 8 is a massive step up visually from what we saw in Tekken 7 as well, with improved character models and, in a lot of cases, brand-new designs.
- Read more: Tekken 8 - Characters we want to see return
So with all that said, we got all the information you need to know about the Tekken 8 Closed Network Test, including the schedule, how many characters will be playable, how can you register to gain access, and more.
Tekken 8 Closed Network Test - Schedule
The Tekken 8 CNT will be online for two weekends. The first weekend will be exclusive to PlayStation 5 players, meanwhile the second will open up its player base to Xbox Series S/X and PC users.
Week 1 (PS5 only)
- 21st July at 09:00 BST – 24th July at 08:00 BST
- Maintenance will be held from 21st July at 21:00 BST until 22nd July 00:00 BST
Week 2 (PS5, Xbox S/X, and PC)
- 28th July at 09:00 BST – 31st July at 08:00 BST
- Maintenance will be held from 29th July 09:00 BST until 29th July at 12:00 BST
If you're a PS5 player you're in luck, as you'll be able to gain access to both weekends if you get chosen after you opt-in to the Tekken 8 CNT.
Tekken 8 CNT - Playable characters and modes
The Tekken 8 CNT will feature a total of 16 playable fighters and five stages. These are:
- Jack 8
- Urban Square
- Yakushima Rebel Hangar
Bandai Namco confirmed there will be no offline modes since this is a beta to try out the network implementation. You'll be able to play ranked matches during the Tekken 8 beta up to rank 10.
The following gameplay features have been changed from past alpha testing periods:
- "Heat Energy" has been removed.
- The upper limit (heat activation time) of "Heat Timer" will change depending on how the heat is activated.
- The "Heat Smash" command has been standardized for all playable characters.
How to register for the Tekken 8 CNT
Depending on your region there are multiple ways to opt-in for the Tekken 8 Closed Network Test.
- Head to the Tekken 8 CNT registration page
- Click on the sign up now button. It will send you to the bottom of the page
- Input your email address, select your preferred platform, and your region
- That's it!
- Go to the Tekken 8 Closed Network Test page
- Click on Log in or Create an Account
- If you have an account simply use your previous credentials, or create one from scratch
- Once you have an account, select your preferred platform and register
Email notifications regarding selection will occur in two batches:
- The first batch will be on July 19th 9:00AM CEST (start of the pre-download period) for PlayStation 5 players.
- The second will be on July 26th 9:00AM CEST (start of the pre-download period) for Xbox Series S|X and Steam players.
That's all you need to know! Will you be trying out Tekken 8?