Mastering the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings is guaranteed to give you the upper hand over the opposition during a Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer match. Whether you're using a standard pad or a SCUF Reflex, finding settings that suit your style of play is hugely important if you're looking for an edge over the competition.
With attention already turning to the start of Season 1, there is a wealth of settings you can change. Ranging from stick sensitivity to input deadzones, there's the potential to create a combination that's perfect to keep pace with the fast-paced action taking place on some incredibly familiar maps.
Before we reveal the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings, check out our guides sharing more about aftermarket parts and our walkthrough hub containing everything there is to know about the game.
What are the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings?
At the end of the day, the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings come down to your own personal preference. If you're looking for a solid baseline to build on, the settings below are a good place to start.
- Horizontal stick sensitivity - 6
- Vertical stick sensitivity - 6
- ADS sensitivity multiplier - 0.9
- Custom sensitivity per zoom - Off
- Button layout preset - Tactical
- Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2 - On if you play with claw grip
- Vertical aim (on foot) - Standard
- Aim response curve - Dynamic
- Controller vibration - Off
- Weapon fire threshold - Off
Modern Warfare 3 advanced controller settings
After mastering the basics, you can fine-tune the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings even further thanks to the selection of advanced controller settings. Here are our recommendations:
- ADS sensitivity transition timing: Instant
- ADS sensitivity multiplier: 1.00
- Stick layout preset: Default
- Controller orientation: Uo
- ADS stick swap: Off
- L2 button deadzone: 0
- R2 button deadzone: 0
- Left stick min. input deadzone: 0
- Right stick min. input deadzone: 0
- Left stick max input deadzone: 100
- Right stick max input deadzone: 100
If you find your analogue sticks drifting without any kind of input, adjust the minimum deadzone until the movement stops.
Best Modern Warfare 3 aim assist settings
Aim assist often splits the opinions of players using a controller and those using a mouse and keyboard. Either way, it's hugely important to optimise the settings to extract the most performance from your controller. Here's the full list of Modern Warfare 3 aim assist settings:
- Default: Aiming will slow down near a target.
- Precision: Stronger aim slowdown when close to a player. Recommended for accurate players.
- Focusing: Strong slowdown that activates when missing a target. Ideal for Call of Duty newcomers.
- Legacy (Black Ops): Alternate aiming slowdown near the target. If you've played more Black Ops Cold War than Vanguard and Modern Warfare, this will feel very familiar.
We recommend sticking with the Default or Legacy options as they provide just enough slowdown to maintain high levels of accuracy over the course of a match.
How to find the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings
So you don't impact your K/D ratio during the beta weekends, we recommend finding a quiet area of the map to tweak your Modern Warfare 3 controller settings. Once the full game is released, jump into a private match with a handful of bots to see which suits your style of play.
Once you feel ready, return to the action!
That's all there is to know about the best Modern Warfare 3 controller settings. For more, check out our guides showcasing the best audio settings and whether slide cancelling is arriving to multiplayer.