The Modern Warfare 2 raid episode two is a hot topic of conversation among fans of co-op action. Raids are a direct continuation of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign and the second instalment adds a further layer to the story of Task Force Ghost and their fight against Al Qatala.
As part of the Season Two Reloaded update, Price, Gaz, and Farah continue to advance through Atomgrad in search of a nuclear warhead. Just like the first raid, there are plenty of puzzles to solve along the way.
Before we start our Modern Warfare 2 raid episode two walkthrough, check out our guides showcasing the best sniper rifle and the best ranked play loadouts for competitive play.
Modern Warfare 2 Atomgrad raid episode 2 walkthrough
Before we begin the walkthrough, it's worth noting that it will contain spoilers. So, if you don't want to know what happens, make sure to check out our other pages for the latest intel.
Solve the first steam valve puzzle
After you've cleared the hallway full of AI soldiers, you'll come across a wall with steam flowing out certain areas of the pipes. To navigate past this, one player needs to stay behind to operate the valve that controls the first jet of steam. Here's how to get past the first puzzle:
- Let one player stay behind to turn the red valve.
- The player climbing the pipe moves towards the second steam jet.
- Turn the red valve again for the second jet to disappear.
- Once a player has reached the top, turn the other valve, and regroup with your squadmates.
When you do regroup, a juggernaut will spawn in so be prepared for a fight.
Jump the vents
After navigating the steam jets, you'll need to navigate the vent flaps that only stay open for a few seconds. Here's how to make your way across and to the next objective.
- Make your way to the centre console with your squadmates.
- Press all three buttons at exactly the same time.
- Jump across the vent flaps.
- Head slightly to the right to reach the other side safely
Make sure two players don't jump on the same flap otherwise, it will close and you'll fall to your death. Move across one at a time then interact with the yellow rope to continue the mission.
The second vent puzzle
This vent puzzle is more difficult as there's no way to jump straight across the gap. You'll need to move up the yellow pipes then change sides by using the vent flaps. This is the order you need to follow:
- The first three.
- By the beginning of the yellow pipes.
- Jump before the flap opens so you land on it as it opens.
- The yellow pipes.
- Jump onto the flap in front of you.
- Make your way onto the opposite flap then move along the wall.
- The last flap will open below you.
After landing on the other side, move through the blue door, and eliminate the soldiers that appear. Make your way through the mine shaft, kill the rest of the opposition, then interact with the yellow rope to climb up to the next level.
The second valve puzzle
Next, you'll have another valve puzzle to complete. While two of you navigate the pipes, one must stay behind and operate the red valve just like earlier in the raid. Here's how to complete it as fast as possible:
- Leave one player to operate the red valve.
- Wait for the fire to stop then start climbing upwards.
- Once you reach the top, use the other valve to allow the player at the bottom to regroup.
A few more enemies will appear. Clear them out and advance through the blue door. Then, head through the small hole in the floor and to the end of the pathway before opening another door which leads to the next step.
Dodge the gas
The most complicated step involves navigating a room full of gas. This requires plenty of co-ordination and if not done correctly, it can take plenty of time to solve. Thankfully, our step-by-step guide has all the intel you need to know.
- Terminal one controls the ventilation in the room.
- The second switches off the fans.
- Terminal three opens a door.
- Finally, the fourth terminal operates the door leading to the gas station.
Now you know how each of the four terminals work, here's how to finish the puzzle:
- Place one player at the vent terminal and another at the controls to the door.
- The third player should head down the stairs towards the locked door.
- Ask player one to press the button and release the gas before player two opens the door.
- Make sure player three keeps moving towards the red fans.
- Player one should move to the terminal that switches off the fans and push the button.
- Get player one to communicate which fan is switched off so the teammate so they can keep moving.
- Get player three to advance to the locked door while player two presses the button at the door controls.
- Player three will eliminate any opposition that spawns.
- Let player three move towards another set of terminals.
- Player one will stay behind while player two heads to the door that leads to the gas puzzle.
- The third player deactivates the gas using the new terminal.
- Player one opens the door so player two can make their way forward.
- Once player two reaches the door, player one heads back to the door control to open the final door.
- Player one advances to the entrance to the gas puzzle while player two deactivates the gas and player three opens the final door.
- Wait for player one to make their way to the rest of the squad.
How to finish the Modern Warfare 2 Atomgrad raid episode two
The raid ends by escaping through the gas room and tackling a few more enemies that appear. Head to the last hallway and up the stairs until you reach a cracked wall. Place the explosives on the wall and advance to the yellow tunnel.
Activate the airlock to complete the raid.
Mission complete! That's all you need to know about how to complete the second episode of the Modern Warfare 2 Atomgrad raid.