The Staking Your Territory quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley is the first quest you need to complete to start building a friendly relationship with Nala, a lioness who has recently appeared on the island. In this guide, you'll learn how to complete it quickly and flawlessly and get the rewards!
The wise and kind Nala wants to improve the area and make it suitable for lions to coexist on the island. She seeks your assistance, as only you can aid her in achieving this goal. Let's look at how to complete the quest!
Disney Dreamlight Valley Staking Your Territory walkthrough
In this captivating quest, you need to undertake only a handful of actions to complete it. Specifically, you need to assist Nala in embellishing the hunting grounds, getting fish, and feeding them to the lioness. The following is a breakdown of how to accomplish these tasks.
In order to start the mission, it is necessary to place specific ornamental objects in the Dazzle Beach area:
- Landscaping items (7 pieces)
- Lounging Rock
If you lack any of the aforementioned items, you can get them by visiting Scrooge's store.
- Once you have obtained all of the necessary components, proceed to Dazzle Beach and arrange them according to your preference. Now proceed to Nala's location to engage in conversation with her.
- As you talk to Nala, you realise that she really liked the work you did, and in return wants to teach you how to hunt, just like real predators do. For this, you need to get two pieces of clothing that are Rustic in style, and donning a mustache as well.
- After doing what Nala asked, go to the Dazzle Beach location to start training lessons with the lioness.
- Upon completion of your training with Nala, the lioness asks you to instruct her on how to fish, as she refuses to eat any of the cartoon characters and there is no other available prey on the island. To continue with the mission, you must catch a fish. Unlike the majority of other tasks, this particular one doesn’t require you to fish in a specific location, thus granting you the freedom to fish anywhere you please. Below are the fish that you need to catch:
- Common or uncommon fish x3 - can be caught at the white fishing spots (white bubbles)
- Rare or unique fish x3 - can be caught at the red or gold fishing spots (red or gold bubbles)
After successfully catching all the fish, make your way to Nala to talk with her. Next, head over to the cooking spot to make a fish-based meal for the lioness. Below are several options you can cook:
- Spicy Baked Bream
- Crispy Baked Cod
- Fish Pie
- Fish Risotto
- Lemon Garlic Swordfish
- Pan-Fried Angler Fish
- Pan-Seared Tilapia & Vegetables
This is only a small selection of the fish dishes that you can make, so of course you can cook something to your taste. It's limited only by your imagination! Go to Nala and give her the dish, after which the quest will be completed. Congratulations!
Once you're done here, feel free to check out our other guide, such as how to place Mini Casita in Disney Dreamlight Valley. For even more on Disney Dreamlight Valley, check out our guide on how to hover, as well as our list of all the recipes you can craft in the game.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Disney Dreamlight Valley page.