Planning to tackle the challenges in the Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold? We've got your back.
Our Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold guide takes a look at the location, as well as the objectives and boss fight. We also discuss the rewards that you can unlock.
How to complete the Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold
Moordaine Lodge Location
The Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold is found in the Scosglen region, which you'll visit during Act 2 of the campaign. It's in the northeast sector, and the closest fast travel point is the hamlet of Corbach.
Note that, much like the other Strongholds in the game, there's a minimum recommended level. Past this point, however, enemies will still be roughly one to two levels higher than your character.
Find the Lodge's Missing Hunters
Upon arriving at the location, your character will quip that no one seems to be around. Make your way to the lodge proper and read the note. It'll say that something must've taken the hunters.
You'll suddenly get attacked by a werebeast, so take it out. Next, you'll have to find the three hunters. Apart from the one in the lodge proper, the rest are in the northwest and northeast corners of the map. Be forewarned that bears, evil ents, and werewolves will attack you when you reach these locations.
Stronghold Boss: Fionnir the Mad Druid
Once you're done, head back to the building. The beast will return, and you'll have to chase it to its lair to the north. It will transform into a boss called Fionnir, the Mad Druid. As the name implies, this foe uses various abilities reminiscent of the class.
The Diablo 4 Fionnir the Mad Druid boss encounter has four segments or phases. Each phase causes your opponent to use different tricks:
- Tempest - Calls upon winds that buffet, push you away, and cause damage.
- Earthshatter - Circles will appear on the ground, leading to a small quake in that small area.
- Werewolf - Transforms into a werewolf that does vicious slices.
- Werebear - For the final phase, it'll turn into a tanky werebear that still has the power to call on the elements.
Needless to say, you'll want to keep your potions, dodge charges, and defensive abilities at the ready. In my case, as a Necro main, I primarily let my minions do the heavy lifting, while pelting Fionnir from afar.
Moordaine Lodge unlocks
After completing the Moordaine Lodge Stronghold in Diablo 4, you'll be able to interact with the Wanderer's Shrine. This unlocks the following:
- Ferals Den Dungeon: Aspect of Quicksand for the Druid - Damage from Earth skills slow down enemies by 25% for five seconds.
- Twisted Hollow Dungeon: Shadowslicer Aspect for the Rogue - Using your Dash creates a Shadow Clone at your location; it will also use Dash and deal 25% of the base damage.
And that's it. That's everything you need to know about the Diablo 4 Moordaine's Lodge Stronghold. For other tips and strategies, you can visit our Diablo 4 guides hub.