Searching for intel on the Apex Legends Dressed to Kill collection event? We've got you covered. Season 17 is in full swing and following the Threat Level event, the next collection event for Respawn Entertainment's battle royale is on the horizon.
Collection events give you the opportunity to earn Heirlooms, coveted melee weapon skins, along with other cosmetic items for a range of Legends that are proving popular in casual and competitive matches.
Before we take a closer look at the Apex Legends Dressed to Kill event, check out our Apex Legends tier list showcasing the very best characters to use for the rest of Season 17.
Apex Legends Dressed to Kill event release date
The Apex Legends Dressed to Kill event commences on June 20 and runs until July 4.
Apex Legends Dressed to Kill Heirloom
The leaks surrounding the Heirloom were right after all. During the Dressed to Kill event, you can earn a brand-new Heirloom for Horizon known as the Gravity Maw.
Featuring a miniature black hole on the top, this skin is perfect for spicing up your melee weapon.
Apex Legends Dressed to Kill event skins
The Dressed to Kill event will feature new Legendary skins for Revenant, Crypto, Horizon, Loba, Mad Maggie, and Newcastle. With the event utilising a Hitman-style theme, expect some kind of formal attire so you can drop into the action looking sharp.
Apex Legends Dressed to Kill patch notes
LTM: ARMED & DANGEROUS
Big damage is abound with this returning limited-time mode. Your talent will be put to the test with two vastly different weapon types: shotguns and snipers. Looking for more bang? Check the replicator for a Fully Kitted Peacekeeper or Charge Rifle. This is the only way to grab the Charge Rifle in this LTM as it has been removed from ground loot.
COLLECTION EVENT ITEMS
We’re bringing the drip with 24 slick limited-time cosmetics, with Legendary skins for Crypto, Horizon, Mad Maggie, and more!
All items are available in exchange for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals and in Dressed to Kill Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Unlock all 24 before the end of the event and you’ll automatically receive our latest Heirloom, Horizon’s Gravity Maw.
You can earn up to 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. All these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass so you can complete multiple challenges at once.
Explore limited-time offers in the Store tab including the Die Tired Bundle and Bounty Hunter Bundle, and check out event long offers like Crypto’s [CLASSIFIED] available June 20 - July 4, 2023.
- Weapon Crafting Rotation
- R-99 enters the crafter
- Rampage LMG enters the crafter
- Alternator SMG returns to the floor
- Sentinel returns to the floor
- Weapon Crafting Rotation
- Evac Tower: reduced spawn rate to match Heat Shields
- Mobile Respawn Beacon: slightly increased spawn rate
- Nemesis Burst AR
- Projectile Speed reduced
- Projectile gravity increased
- Increased base rate of fire
- Increased white bolt rate of fire
- Rate of fire with blue, purple, and gold bolts is unchanged
- Passive: Heartbeat Sensor
- Range Reduced to 50m ( was 75m )
- Initial Heartbeat delay significantly reduced
- Tactical: Focus of Attention
- Range Reduced to 60m ( was 75m )
- Firing Speed Increased ( ~30% faster )
- Removed Heal Cancel
- Removed Revive Cancel
- Removed Respawn Beacon Interaction Interrupt
- Scan Time Reduced to 2.5s ( was 8s )
- Scan once again includes a full body highlight
- Enemies hit by Focus of Attention are now Slowed for 2.5s
- Silence Time Increased to 10s ( was 1.75 )
- Enemies who are silenced by Seer are now also highlighted with a threat outline to Seer and his teammates but only when they have line of sight
- Ultimate: Exhibit
- Throw Range Reduced to ~15m ( was ~50m )
- Removed Diamond Scan Markers on Enemy Movement
- Exhibit will now only show the footsteps of players moving in the zone
- Diamond Markers will now ONLY appear with enemy gunfire for 1.25s
Quality of Life
- Firing Range
- Customize Range menu additions
- New option to switch to 3rd person
- New option to show a general-purpose timer
- New options to match dummy helmet levels to shield levels.
- General dummies and collision updates
- Spawning distancing and frequency improvements
- Firing Range target redesign
- Customize Range menu additions
- Added more hotlinks to how to gain weapon mastery XP to the overview tab and the end of game weapons tab
- Audio engine stability improvements
- Bloodhound Trials: updated loot on World’s Edge to now dispense Smart Loot for the active team in the Trials at the end of each challenge round
- Newcastle: now destroys Jump Pads and Crypto Drones on Castle Wall Impact like other placeable objects
- Extended Supply (Support) Bins have a higher chance to give an MRB to Support legends who have dead teammates, banners are not required for higher chance
- Legends Menu
- Added new Legend Bios tab
- Removed the classes subtabs
- Added a new menu option: “Clamp Mouse Cursor to Game Window”
- FPS in the Lobby is now capped at 60Hz, which should give high-end graphics cards a chance to cool down between matches
- Intel ARC users will receive a popup prompt to consider the DX12 Beta, which has shown improved performance characteristics on ARC hardware. Players can try the DX12 Beta by following the instructions here: https://go.ea.com/ApexDX12
- Updated podium screen to minimize white flashes
- Weapons Menu: added new Weapon Backgrounds tab
- [CAR] correct active ammo now shows in the inventory when infinite ammo is active
- Fixed “are you sure you want to leave” prompt in states that were not applicable (ex. squad wipes)
- Fixed tops of buildings not registering as out of bounds on World’s Edge
- Fixed Ballistic’s Tempest VFX staying on while cloaked or phase shifted
- Fixed Ballistic’s sling weapon icon not updating for spectators
- Fixed death recap appearing blank if you were dead or died when the game ended
- Fixed “decoy destroyed” message not displaying when destroying a decoy with Newcastle’s Castle Wall
- Fixed Extended Supply Bin logic to address MRBs not awarding to players with dead teammates and MRBs are in ground loot
- Fixed invisible optic on a primary weapon after swapping it with the sling weapon
- Fixed MRB icon being squished in Control on ultrawide monitors
- Fixed occasional client crash when exiting an IMC armory
- Fixed occasional crash when changing legends while emoting as Ballistic in firing range
- Fixed pinging Icarus Bridge on Olympus while holding a vault key displaying incorrectly
- Fixed pinging weapon icons on the map and minimap being squished
- Fixed teams being unable to craft banners if the support legend on the team leaves
- Replicator: players should no longer get stuck when crafting
- Weapon Mastery: badge preview now correctly updates after earning the first one
- Volume sliders now increase/decrease correctly when using controller
- Fixed certain movement sounds taking priority over footsteps
- Fixed hearing Ballistic’s tactical sound effect in other firing ranges
- Fixed incorrect sound effect when Ballistic hits a teammate with Whistler
- Fixed more issues with server audio dropouts
- Fixed players emitting falling audio after dying
- Backpack no longer stays open when downed while Tempest is active
- Fixed an exploit where players could get a weapon with attachments into Sling
- Now auto-cycles to his sling weapon when other weapons run out of ammo
- Tactical lock-on effect no longer stays if downed while locked on
- Tactical lock-on effect no longer stays if hit by Seer’s tactical while locked on
- Lifeline: fixed Shinobi Surgeon skin textures
- Newcastle: fixed inconsistencies on landing with Castle Wall
- Nemesis voiceline no longer plays every time the gun is picked up
- Placed Sheila turrets no longer keep the fast reloads from Ballistic’s Tempest
- Dummies not scanning in the firing range while skydiving
- Heartbeat Harmonizer skin no longer blocks ADS with Prowler + 1x Holo
- Improvements to Skyward Launch avoiding obstacles that appeared above her after she had already started launching
- Fixed fences occasionally being invisible through doors
- Solar Static skin is no longer extra toothy
- Wraith: Into the Void no longer prevents skydive from Evac Towers