Pokémon Go reveals Team Leaders at San Diego Comic-Con
In an official announcement made at the Pokémon Go panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Niantic have revealed the leaders of Team Valor, Team Mystic, and Team Instinct.
Candela, Blanche and Spark were unveiled by Niantic CEO, John Hanke, in front of thousands of budding Pokémon Go users who attended the panel in hopes of a legendary Pokémon spawn, and for first-hand knowledge of the upcoming features of Pokémon Go.
While the rumours of a legendary Pokémon were false, Hanke did reveal some very interesting information on the current state and future of Pokémon Go.
As expected, Hanke confirmed that Pokémon Go attempts to spawn “Pokémon based on where they'd actually exist in the real world", while also apologising for the server issues, stating, “we weren't provisioned for what happened”.
In addition to this, Hanke also discussed the possibility of trading in the future, as he revealed that while "trading is not in Pokémon GO today, it's something we're working on bringing to the product”, before stating “Don't get too excited - we need to make sure we can keep the servers up first!"
A summary of the panel can be found below:
- Pokémon Go still contains Easter Eggs that haven’t been discovered yet.
- Niantic are planning ways to customise Pokéstops.
- Pokémon Centres are in development.
- Pokémon Go Gyms will receive added functionality in the future.
- Niantic state the game is at approx. 10% of what they are planning.
- The concept of breeding is still in discussion, however, nothing concrete is in development.
- The three legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, are linked to teams, as expected.
- Niantic are aware of the three-step glitch. No further comments were provided.
- It seems legendary Pokémon will not be available, until the games has been released in all available regions.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity