The lovable folks at Astro are always thinking ahead and they've clearly been hard at work to ensure their headsets work on the next-generation of consoles.
With no audio ports on the Xbox Series X or Series S you may have just received, Astro has created a way for users to continue enjoying their products without having to spend a penny.
You can now use your A40 or A50 headset by plugging it into the USB slots if you own the MixAmp Pro TR or A50 Base Station.
Here's what you need to do to keep enjoying your favourite headsets!
How To Connect Astro A40 Or A50 Headset To The Xbox Series X And Series S
- First, you'll need to download the Astro Command Centre Software from the Astro Gaming website.
- Connect your MixAmp Pro TR or A50 Base Station to your PC or Mac via USB
- Initialise the Astro Command Center Setup Wizard and install the software.
- Follow the wizard by choosing a destination folder for your software.
- Finally, click Install to begin the installation.
- Once done, you'll see a pop-up indicating that the setup is complete - click 'Finish'.
- When you have the programme open, go to the top of the dashboard and you'll see what firmware version your headset is currently using and a notification that an update is available. Click 'Update Now'.
- This will open a window telling you what the new update includes - click 'Update'.
- When it's finished, you'll receive a notification that it has finished.
That's it! Plug your MixAmp and headset into the USB ports and you'll be good to go!
If you've yet to invest in Astro equipment, be sure to give it a go: