The game is set to release very soon and a surprise trailer is coming out TODAY, so we thought we'd go everything we know about DOOM Eternal.
What Is It?
The iconic first person shooter DOOM was originally developed back in 1993 and was incredibly popular, even going so far as to overtake Microsoft OS as the most downloaded piece of software.
The series has since been rebooted with the first game having been developed by iD Tech 6 in 2016.
The main goal of DOOM is to essentially destroy everything and anything in your path, the game thrives on basic FPS mechanics and excels at them better than most games.
Release Date and Platforms
DOOM Eternal was originally supposed to be released in November 2019, however just a month before the release date the developers pulled the plug on that date.
Now, DOOM Eternal is set to release on March 20, 2020, for the Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC!
Trailers and Gameplay Footage
Bethesda dropped a new Doom Eternal trailer yesterday and it's got us beyond hyped.
Many of the new boss enemies narrate the trailer seemingly talking in a one sided conversation to the Doom Slayer.
WATCH NOW: THE LATEST DOOM ETERNAL TRAILER
WATCH NOW: The DOOM Eternal Official E3 Story Trailer
WATCH NOW: The DOOM Eternal Official Gameplay Reveal
Described as the ultimate bundle for DOOM fans, you are not going to want to skip out on this collectors edition. At the retail price of $199 USD, you will get the following.
- A Deluxe Edition copy of DOOM Eternal in an exclusive Steelbook case custom-designed by graphic designer and illustrator Gabz in collaboration with Mondo.
- A full-sized, wearable DOOM Slayer Helmet replica
- A playable cassette tape, plus download codes for lossless digital copies of Mick Gordon’s DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal original soundtracks.
- DOOM Lore Book with custom artwork by id Software.
- One “The Gift of Argent Power” 11” x 17” Lithograph
If you are only opting for the standard edition of the game, you will still get some notable pre-order bonuses at select retailers. Gamespot and EB Games are offering the following.
- Pre-order Doom Eternal and get the collectible tin!
- Pre-order now to receive the Rip and Tear Pack and prepare to Raze Hell in DOOM Eternal!
- The Rip and Tear Pack includes
- A digital copy of DOOM 64, a cult classic
- DOOT Revenant player skin to use in Battlemode
- Cultist Base Master Level - A remixed version of the campaign level "Cultist Base," with new challenges and surprises
- "Throw-back" Shotgun Weapon Skin - Bring DOOM's original shotgun to bear on DOOM Eternal's demon hordes!
Battlemode is the new multiplayer game mode going to be featured when the game releases, it is not your traditional multiplayer game mode, however. A 1v2 match-up that will pit you like either one of the two demons or the sole slayer.
The slayer will have access to all sorts of weapons while the demons will be limited to whichever model they are playing as.
WATCH NOW: The DOOM Eternal BATTLEMODE Multiplayer Teaser
Demo and Beta
Unfortunately, if you did not attend E3 2019 and visited the Bethesda booth, you will not have the opportunity to play DOOM Eternal before the release date. During E2 2019, they had open booths for anyone to try their hand at the game.
There some fan speculation regarding a possible multiplayer beta before the release date, however this does not look likely with such little time ahead of the release date.
Written byNick Farrel