Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick has sent an email to all employees at the company today to address the recent harassment allegations, and the way some members of the company had handled communication on the topic to this point.
Bobby apologizes to the employees and says, "Our initial responses to the issues we face together, and to your concerns, were, quite frankly, tone deaf."
Kotick has taken action to address the allegations, in order to protect the employees, by hiring a third-party law firm to conduct a review of the policies and procedures.
All employees who have any experience dealing with any sort of harassment while working at the company are encouraged to contact this law firm and share their stories confidentially.
Bobby Kotick Sent Out An Email To All Employees - Calls Initial Response "Tone Deaf"
Activision Blizzard will be implementing changes effective immediately which include:
- Employee support: Continue to investigate claims, and not hesitate to take action.
- Listening sessions: Create a safe space moderated by a third party for employees to voice their opinion on ways to improve.
- Personnel Changes: Effective immediately all managers and leaders are being evaluated.
- Hiring Practices: Activision Blizzard will be adding compliance resources to ensure that hiring managers are giving equal opportunity to all.
- In-game changes: Employee and player responses are to deal with in-game content people find inappropriate. While nothing is stated, we should see these changes over the next few days.