Pokemon GO is by far one of the most popular mobile games since it released a few years ago.
Similar to most games during the holiday season, Pokemon GO is getting a brand new holiday-themed event.
The event is going to kick off soon, so you better get up to speed with all that is coming!
Let's take a look.
What Is It
In a new blog post by Pokemon GO, the new holiday event is going to be based around Ice-type Pokemon and will be a celebration of the holidays.
The Pokémon GO Holidays event is back! Look forward to costumed Pokémon, an Ice-type Pokémon never before seen in Pokémon GO, event-exclusive Field Research, winter-themed avatar items, and a blizzard of bonuses!
Dates and Times
The event is going to kick off on December 22nd at 8:00 am local time and will run until December 31st, at 10:00 pm local time.
There are loads of features going to be present within the holiday event.
Check them all out below!
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Delibird, and Cubchoo wearing new holiday-themed costumes will appear in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild, such as Spheal, Snover, and more! Vanillite, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs: Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will be hatching from 5 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will be appearing in raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Jynx! Don’t forget—
- Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful throughout the event.
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop: To help you dress up for the holiday season, you can look forward to the Greedent Sweater, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots, and Winter Coat avatar items!
- Get holiday-themed stickers from PokéStops, Gifts, and the shop! You can find stickers featuring Alolan Vulpix, Croagunk, Whimsicott, and more during the event. You won’t be able to get these stickers after the event is over, so get them while you can!
- Event-exclusive boxes will be available in the shop during the event! Check out the in-game shop for more details!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Abomasnow Mega Energy and encounter Snorunt.
A new leak, spotted by Pokemon Go Hub, has noted that Techno Blast is being added as part of upcoming code that's been datamined.
According to the site, there will be five different variations of the move, but it could remain dormant until 2021.
Those cheeky Pokeminers have also found festive costumes and apparel for Pokemon and trainers within the game's code.
Images courtesy of @Poke_Miners
Below are all the bonuses you will have the chance to earn during the holiday event!
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Open more Gifts each day: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can open daily will increase to 45.
- Carry more Gifts: For the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag will increase to 40.
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Raid XP
From Thursday, December 24, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, December 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time _
- 2× Catch Candy
From Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Star Piece duration
From Monday, December 28, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 29, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Lucky Egg duration
From Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 2× Catch Stardust
Last but not least, there is a special Winter Weekend coming to Pokemon Go and it will feature some pretty cool incentives!
Warm up with a special winter weekend event!
During the final weekend in December (and 2020!), you can look forward to a special winter event.
Date + Time
- Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Regice returns to raids! Did you miss out on catching a Regice the last time it was appearing in raids? This is your chance to catch the Iceberg Pokémon!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Incense and more.
- Pokémon attracted to Incense more frequently: Delibird, Snorunt, Spheal, Snover, Cryogonal, and Cubchoo.
Be sure to let us know if you are excited about the new event!