FIFA 22 is in full flow, with casual and competitive gamers alike getting used to the new features and metrics found within the game.
As always, there will be a competitive side to the title later in the year, with the FIFA 22 Global Series due to begin over the course of the coming weeks.
But before the pros can get stuck into those nerve wrenching competitions, there's a little lighthearted entertainment to enjoy, with the EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge taking place this evening.
Here is everything you need to know.
What is the EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge?
The EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge pairs pro footballers with some of the world's best FIFA players on the virtual pitch.
The one-day event will see competitors team up and represent Team EA and Team Adidas in a series of knockout rounds in an attempt to be named the EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge Champions.
Both teams are as follows:
- Timo Werner (Chelsea) and SaNkHs (Case Esports)
- Adebayo Akinfenwa (Wycombe Wanderers) and Tom (Excel Esports)
- Diogo Jota (Liverpool) and Tekkz (Fnatic)
- Layvin Kurzawa (Paris Saint-Germain) and Levi (Team Gullit)
- Weston McKennie (Juventus) and RocKy (Team Vitality)
- Pedri González (FC Barcelona) and Gravesen (DUX Gaming)
- Ferran Torres (Manchester City) and Matias (Team Heretics)
- Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) and Lisa (JLingz esports)
EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge Format
As we've alluded to already, this is the first EA-sanctioned FIFA 22 event of the year, and the first that will showcase the brand new 2-vs-2 competition.
The 2v2 format is something that will feature heavily throughout the course of the FGS 22 season, giving the pro FIFA players the chance to experience the pressures of a competitive 2v2 competition for the first time.
How To Watch EA Sports FIFA 22 Challenge
The event will begin at 7pm BST on Thursday, October 21st.
Viewership Rewards Programme
Not only will you be able to enjoy an evening of FIFA lead entertainment, you will also be able to unlock a host of rewards for your FUT setup.
By linking your Twitch and EA accounts you could be rewarded with some in-game items, including:
- Adidas 99 Kit
- Adidas 99 Stadium Dressing
- Team Gullit Badge & Kit
- DUX Gaming Badge & Kit
- FGS Tokens
The FGS Tokens can be traded in for packs within Ultimate Team, so make sure you tune in to unlock some great rewards.